Ross Barkley

LondonLax

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Had a look at BBC sport to see if this is making any waves.

"Premier League Latest News & Transfer Updates"

Westwood the crab signs new deal at Burnley. How exciting.

Then it's

Arsenal

Arsenal

Arsenal

Liverpoo

Liverpoo

Liverpoo

Dirty Leedzzzz.

Quality reporting.

The 'gossip' section has this (but nothing on Barkley): 

Screenshot_20200925_135128_uk.co.bbc.android.sportdomestic.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Being a naughty little bugger never stopped me when I had me boots on...

George x

George-Best-390422.jpg

now, him on the wing would be nifty.

apparently George liked and frequented the Elbow Room.....never seen him in there though.

Oops back on topic.....a yes to Ross Barkley.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I don’t think (accidentally?) spilling some chips in a taxi and arguing with the driver is a major indiscretion....

Some of these things are blown out of proportion, exaggerated and made up by dumbass journalists who are salivating at the prospect of a juicy scoop or opportunity to shit on high profile players & personalities (been going on for decades with all kinds of celebrities, in worst cases a constant and relentless need to shame and destabilise their lives).

There is no comparison to Drinkwater, a very limited player who got a big move he barely deserved and did not have the ability or personality to thrive at a big/successful club.

Barkley is younger, much more talented, keeps in shape and has got games for Chelsea (if he had a bad attitude and was unfit then this wouldn’t be the case, he would’ve been cast out ala Drinkwater). He was deemed an outstanding prospect with high potential at Everton (scores some crackers) and would improve the quality of our midfield. Would be a big upgrade on Hourihane at least and be able to cover for times when Jack is injured or suspended (hopefully we bring a few more in who are able to do that and capably share the attacking & creative burden).

Any opportunity to bring up the quality of the team has to be greeted with optimism, who wants us to be fighting against relegation again?

Oh... and one more thing....

Here’s your bloody PL experience! Happy now? 😆

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ChinlessWonder said:

I'm in the 'no' camp too.

If for no other reason than he'd play in the position i want to see Grealish in, attacking midfield. We need to sign a left winger and play Grealish attacking mid, not an attacking mid and play Grealish left wing. I also don't like loaning players, so apart from this i'd also sooner see Jacob Ramsey get game time than Loftus Cheek on loan only to go back there with a bit more experience.

Frankly, I hope these Chelsea loan rumours are all a load of bollocks.

Purely because I cant be bothered to look myself but is there anything to back up Jack playing as a CM. I know he is not your standard winger but why is everyone so keen to move him there when he does so much good work on the left? 

If Barkley came into the middle he would compliment Jack not jeopardise a move to the middle, and if Deano wanted Jack staying central then why has never done so before ( from what I can recall) 

Edited by Cosmik Debris
  • Like 4

Just now, Cosmik Debris said:

Purely because I cant be bothered to look myself but is there anything to face up Jack playing as a CM. I know he is not your standard winger but why is everyone so keen to move him there when he does so much good work on the left? 

Totally agree with this. Don't see why we should move him when he plays best on the left, drifting inside and having a bit of freedom.

3 hours ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Purely because I cant be bothered to look myself but is there anything to back up Jack playing as a CM. I know he is not your standard winger but why is everyone so keen to move him there when he does so much good work on the left? 

If Barkley came into the middle he would compliment Jack not jeopardise a move to the middle, and if Deano wanted Jack staying central then why has never done so before ( from what I can recall) 

Not to mention JT said literally yesterday that the goal of signing Traore was to free more space for Jack on the left wing.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Our best player has had the best season of his life playing on the left of a front 3. Let’s move him to the middle.

Especially given the fact if you started Jack in the middle he would drift out wide, mainly to the left. Just like he did in the Championship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think (accidentally?) spilling some chips in a taxi and arguing with the driver is a major indiscretion....

Some of these things are blown out of proportion, exaggerated and made up by dumbass journalists who are salivating at the prospect of a juicy scoop or opportunity to shit on high profile players & personalities (been going on for decades with all kinds of celebrities, in worst cases a constant and relentless need to shame and destabilise their lives).

There is no comparison to Drinkwater, a very limited player who got a big move he barely deserved and did not have the ability or personality to thrive at a big/successful club.

Barkley is younger, much more talented, keeps in shape and has got games for Chelsea (if he had a bad attitude and was unfit then this wouldn’t be the case, he would’ve been cast out ala Drinkwater). He was deemed an outstanding prospect with high potential at Everton (scores some crackers) and would improve the quality of our midfield. Would be a big upgrade on Hourihane at least and be able to cover for times when Jack is injured or suspended (hopefully we bring a few more in who are able to do that and capably share the attacking & creative burden).

Any opportunity to bring up the quality of the team has to be greeted with optimism, who wants us to be fighting against relegation again?

Oh... and one more thing....

Here’s your bloody PL experience! Happy now? 😆

*Player in question pulls a U-turn in their car in quiet side-street*

British press the next morning:

"U-BURN-OUT, TURNOUT IN PLAYER'S WILD ESCAPADE"

"Player seen committing hooligan-like burnouts during highway getaway"

5 hours ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Not trying to deny any of your post, just thought you might like to know, I can tell you from memory that Grealish has played in CM numerous times for us under Smith. Like Barkley, Grealish's ability to pick the ball up from deep and drive at defenders, leaving them in his wake, combined with Grealish's exquisite passing abilities, make him an excellent box-to-box midfielder, or "8".

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Not trying to deny any of your post, just thought you might like to know, I can tell you from memory that Grealish has played in CM numerous times for us under Smith. Like Barkley, Grealish's ability to pick the ball up from deep and drive at defenders, leaving them in his wake, combined with Grealish's exquisite passing abilities, make him an excellent box-to-box midfielder, or "8".

Not to mention it's where Jack prefers to play (he has stated this numerous times) and, probably, where he has the most chance of establishing himself in the England set up.  

This doesn't necessarily matter on a matchday BUT does matter longer term if we want to try and keep Jack at the club for as long as we can ... which I think all of us do?!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mic09 said:

If he joins Aston Villa and has a hooker crack party outside our penalty box on Saturday at 3.27pm I will be the first to complain.

Otherwise, let him play some football before we write him off.

I reckon he’d be able to sleep it off before Monday at 5:45pm so you should be ok

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Not to mention it's where Jack prefers to play (he has stated this numerous times) and, probably, where he has the most chance of establishing himself in the England set up.  

This doesn't necessarily matter on a matchday BUT does matter longer term if we want to try and keep Jack at the club for as long as we can ... which I think all of us do?!

Honestly couldn’t care less about Jack and England, it’s a nice to have but Villa is what matters. The lads just signed a five year contract with Villa so that either means someone pays us a shed load of money or he is here for many years, England or not.

It would be great if someone could post the stats of CM starts v LW, and then show how affective he has been in either position as I just can’t remember any stand out performances with Jack in the middle.

Either way though Jack will roam around the pitch doing his thing,  I think a Barkley type player could only compliment him.

49 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Honestly couldn’t care less about Jack and England, it’s a nice to have but Villa is what matters. The lads just signed a five year contract with Villa so that either means someone pays us a shed load of money or he is here for many years, England or not.

It would be great if someone could post the stats of CM starts v LW, and then show how affective he has been in either position as I just can’t remember any stand out performances with Jack in the middle.

Either way though Jack will roam around the pitch doing his thing,  I think a Barkley type player could only compliment him.

I really couldn't be bothered articulating the stats I just looked at beyond what I'm about to write, so you'll have to have a look for yourself if you want more.

Can confirm that from a very brief 5 minute look into Grealish's statistics based on goal contribution, assists and successful dribbles he was far better off in the front three than CM.

Stats only illustrate so much of what actually happens though. And obviously his goal and assist tally will be higher from a front three position as opposed to CM.

Just now, A'Villan said:

I really couldn't be bothered articulating the stats I just looked at beyond what I'm about to write, so you'll have to have a look for yourself if you want more.

Can confirm that from a very brief 5 minute look into Grealish's stats based on goal contribution, assists and successful dribbles he was far better off in the front three than CM.

Stats only illustrate so much of what actually happens though. And obviously his goal and assist tally will be higher from a front three position as opposed to CM.

1 hour ago, Cosmik Debris said:

He was outstanding when he played there in the Championship:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

We had a decent team for that level and the wingers were productive (Snodgrass & Adomah), whereas for PL level our wingers have been complete shite so Jack has kind of had to play LW.

With better wingers and forwards Jack could take his game even further and link up and interchange with good attackers to make us a much more dangerous side, we have to stop relying on him to the extent that we do and have quality throughout the team.

Edited by Jas10

Â