Ross Barkley

LondonLax

41 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I agree and I really like Conor and usually the first to defend him. I think Conor is class, but Ross is on another level.

Ive always been fairly ambivalent towards Conor, I appreciate his goals and assists and lament the games in which he is a passenger. However he has skills that are very useful, especially off the bench.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Good god he was incredible, although own up, who else was saying “Connor would’ve buried that” about 15 minutes in?

The problem is that Connor would never have been in the position to make that shot.  He would never have made that run in the box that Barkley made for that chance.  

Our midfield 3 of Hourihane, McGinn, & Dougie has McGinn being the furthest forward, Connor the box to box type, and Douglas Luiz as the holding player.  Barkley's addition has shuffled their roles around a bit, in that he was the furthest forward and McGinn dropped back into the box to box role.  They're all in their natural roles now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Good god he was incredible, although own up, who else was saying “Connor would’ve buried that” about 15 minutes in?

I thought exactly that! 

Then I thought Connor wouldn't have made the run at all. He'd have stayed around the edge of the penalty area.

Wonderful wonderful debut.

I like Hourihane but the upgrade to barkley is ridiculous.

We have massively missed a genuine threat through the middle from midfield for a long long time. We finally have it.

Him and Jack are going to have a field day this year. 

Honestly, some of the interplay between them was staggering, and this is the first time they've played together. 

With Watkins as well, how the hell do you mark them all? 

Fill your boots Ross. 

• Like 1

I was critical because I thought he wouldnt be hungry or determined. Well Barkley shut me up after 2 minutes, he was incredible and him, Jack and Watkins is a scary trio

One thing that surprised me the most was his speed with the ball

• Like 1

Â