Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

So, he's played for Chelsea, Ajax and Lyon - all Champions League clubs and top clubs in their respective countries? He cannot be that bad then surely? 

Whether he meant the goal or not is irrelevant - he scored! That's the only thing that matters. 

He looked full of confidence which might be huge as it was suggested he is a confidence player and was on a low at Lyon. Massive start if this is the case.

Although of course no big judgments after a game against a Bristol City reserve team

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sne said:

He looked full of confidence which might be huge as it was suggested he is a confidence player and was on a low at Lyon. Massive start if this is the case.

Although of course no big judgments after a game against a Bristol City reserve team

I'm not trying to take anything away from your post in regards to how he felt at Lyon, and I certainly agree that he has a way to go to prove himself here.

However, he spent three seasons at Lyon. The first season he averaged a goal or assist every second game. The second season he averaged a goal or assist every third game.

The only reason he wasn't starting as many games as he probably would of liked, is that Lyon had Depay, Fekir and Dembele also putting up those kind of numbers, or better.

Even then he was selected to start against Barcelona in their first leg knockout phase tie a year and a half ago, so clearly his manager had faith in him at Lyon.

Anyway, from what I've seen of him I can't really understand the level of criticism he gets.

I'm happy he's with us at this stage and wouldn't be at all surprised if he enjoys some level of PL success for us.

9 hours ago, Jareth said:

So those who think it a cross are mental, those who think it a shot are blind and those who think strongly either way are deluded. I think he was trying to clear it. 

Either that or his first touch is horrendous 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

Just saw the goal, lol. I like the swagger. We need a bit of it. Has he earned the start on Monday?

Dude has he earned his start Monday?

....just walking through the door earned him a start. There is no plausible or logical reason he would start Trez over him. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure JT's opinion is evidence either, unless Traoré told him.

But my call is it was a cross—if only for the fact that he's meant to be hugely left-footed, and that was his right, and because I've scored like that myself!

My opinion isn't a fact though, and what does it matter anyway.

Edited by Rolta

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

So those who think it a cross are mental, those who think it a shot are blind and those who think strongly either way are deluded. I think he was trying to clear it. 

Attempted drag back/Cruyff turn for me, Clive. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Does he start on monday?

I'd like to.see him start. Similar to yesterday, Trez can be introduced after about 70mins should he not quite be fit enough for 90mins. 

Â