Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

I'm thinking he meant that, seems like deliberate technique. Saw an opportunity and took it, that's a confident forward for you.

Also, he's got his head up throughout play, he'd be aware of his options and the position of teammates, there's no one close.

Quite confident that's not a mishit cross, and if I'm right, great read and even better finish, totally in the moment. Class.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Was he as one footed as Lyon fans suggested? 

Some finish on his weaker foot (if he didn’t miss hit it slightly)

Watch some of his play at Ajax, there's highlights on their official YouTube channel. He dribbles and passes confidently with both feet. I know they're highlights but he looks like a comfortable two footed player at least as far as ball control, dribbling and passing are concerned. 

37 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Great debut imho. Worldy goal. Its called a "cushioned volley" according to the commentator :) 

Could be that Lansbury and Traore were laughing at the fact that he meant to square it to him and fluffed it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Could be that Lansbury and Traore were laughing at the fact that he meant to square it to him and fluffed it.

I seek no windows into players souls :)

I choose to believe he scored a world class goal on his debut :) (I have no idea the reality but it sure looks very on target for a miskick but ymmv)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think the laughter from Traore was a bit of modesty, like, "can you believe I pulled that one off?"

I mean, even if he did mean it, which I'm confident he did, it's not a goal that will be easily emulated.

Let's say he did mean it, if he takes those instincts into each fixture, he'll do very well for himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Great debut imho. Worldy goal. Its called a "cushioned volley" according to the commentator :) 

Maybe we should ask the Lyon fans.  They'll know for sure!

• Haha 1

Holy forking shirtballs that's some goal (and pass). Like some others on here I'm not quite sure he meant it, but that's only because I don't want to get ahead of myself and start believing we've re-signed prime Benteke.

Honestly though I'm just glad he had a strong debut, because it'll help him settle and it'll get the fans onside. Not sure the other Villa communities were as down on him as VT seemed to be, but I think a bad debut might have seen him unfairly written off before he even started.

We'll have more of a chance to see how good a player he is over the coming weeks, but hopefully he's shown enough here that he'll be given a fair crack even if he has a few bad games along the way.

Edited by Panto_Villan

"It was important for him [Traore] to get off to a great start," said Terry.

Traore - who was Terry's team-mate at Chelsea in 2015-16 - joined Villa for £17m from French side Lyon last week.

"He hasn't played in a while. So to get the goal and top it off was good," Terry said.

"He was someone at Chelsea who was very hungry. He went away from the Premier League but he's always had that desire to come back and prove himself.

"He's got that opportunity now at Aston Villa and personally and professionally we're delighted to have him."

The Burkina Faso forward could take some of the pressure off Villa captain Jack Grealish, who was last season's top scorer in the Premier League with eight.

"He can isolate people in one-on-one situations and we have that on the other side with Jack as well," said Terry.

"That might free Jack up as well if we can play very quickly during games.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54193051

Terry's comments are encouraging, specifically the desire to play to a high tempo and move the ball quickly to create space and free up our danger men.

Edited by A'Villan

Â