Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Absolutely utterly obvious he didn't intend for it to be a shot. It's laughable even if we suggest it. If he claims it it's obviously bullshit. 

Are there clues in his body shape/language that make this obvious or is it that he doesn't have it in his locker to pull that off? All the indications looked like he meant it. Didn't open up his body for a cross, had eyes on goal, didn't budge when it looked like it was headed for the net etc. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Not that it matters but honestly cannot tell if it was a shot or a misplaced cross, the body shape gives no clues. 

Look at his head. He's not looking across goal. He's staring straight at the goal. Watch the replay again.  No way is he looking to square that unless it's a no look pass. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Are there clues in his body shape/language that make this obvious or is it that he doesn't have it in his locker to pull that off? All the indications looked like he meant it. Didn't open up his body for a cross, had eyes on goal, didn't budge when it looked like it was headed for the net etc. 

It’s entirely unclear. His body language shoulders didn’t rotate much so that suggests a shot. But the natural thing to do there is hit it hard, which he didn’t do. He hit it about as hard as you’d hit a ball across the face of the goal. So it could be a gorgeous shot, or it could be a slightly miscued cross. Both have fair arguments, but anyone saying it’s obvious either way is deluded.

• Like 2

NGL I think he was trying to square it. Either way he looked great and adds to the teams confidence. The players will trust him immediately and he will definitely have defenders on the back foot worried with his pace. I think he is going to be a significant improvement on Trez. Excited for Fulham now.

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Was mostly good, level of opponent into account. Had flashes of class and flashes of sub par stuff. I'm expecting him to lose possession quite often when it's the real deal, and will be interesting to read this thread then. 

Will you stop with the positivity!  2020 has been a complete shit fest so far, I'm feeling down a lot of the time and no amount of empty bluster and chirpiness from you is going to make me feel any better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So those who think it a cross are mental, those who think it a shot are blind and those who think strongly either way are deluded. I think he was trying to clear it. 

3 yards out, first game...... let's just cross the ball or maybe just stick my weak foot out and poke it towards the far post. Dear me a goal , I never meant that. 😁 

• Haha 1

I think it looked like he tried to put it towards the back post, probably for someone to get a touch on it or for it to go in. Putting in a dangerous ball towards goal isn't unheard of.

Sorry to you who really want it to be black or white, don't want to ruin the fun, but it could be somewhere inbetween. 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

Look. 

He's a professional footballer. And a pretty damn good one at that.

If he meant to shoot it was a pretty decent effort.  Not spectacular or the most amazing goal you will ever see.  But of a good quality.  Not goal of the season contender or anything. 

If it was a cross it was completely diabolically bad.  I mean absolutely terrible. 

It was perfect height, perfect weight, straight to his foot. 

Any professional player who would fail to square that into the box should be shot.  I played one solitary time for my school team and I would have been able to get that across the face of goal 99 times out of 100.

On the balance of probability, and I mean way, way, way on the balance of probability, it would be very little surprise if he was aiming for goal and scored, and a massive surprise if he was trying to pull it back a across goal and somehow spooned it into the net. 

Even if he is inconsistent with flashes of brilliance, at least he has some brilliance and not just inconsistency like ghazi and trez.

He at least tries things and tries to make things happen, will be happy to see him on the opposite wing to grealish.

Also, on top of the goal, at one point he cut inside and did a lovely reverse pass for someone (cant remember who).

Definitely an upgrade on the right compared to what we have.

Edited by MaVilla

44 minutes ago, useless said:

this angle https://streamja.com/l2Zn3 https://streamja.com/l2Zn3 clearly shows that he meant it. It's not as if it was that much of an outrageous goal that he couldn't possibly have meant it, he just lifted it over the keeper.

That was a terrible cross, nobody there; and for God's sake it went into the net. Nobody can score when the ball is already in the the net.

Bertrand out.

It was a perfectly hit clean strike, no idea if he meant it to go straight in or fore someone to get a touch on it. It was some great piece of skill nevertheless. And he looked class. It was against a Championship side, so let's see how he perfomrs in the PL, but it sure was encouraging to me. 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

Â