Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The performance was impressive, no? The level of opposition accounted for, he was one of our better players and just generally looked a step above most. 

Was mostly good, level of opponent into account. Had flashes of class and flashes of sub par stuff. I'm expecting him to lose possession quite often when it's the real deal, and will be interesting to read this thread then.

I'm not sold by any means. 

To put it into perspective AEG did well today with touches of class, and he sure isn't PL quality. Cup rotation option at best. 

Watched the game on Carabao Cup Live.

I think he meant it, his body shape and angle suggests he meant to shoot.

Looks a quality player, first-half he was very effective and the reverse pass was exquisite. 

Give him a couple of weeks though at the very least, he needs time to get fit and understand the Villa philosophy and get to know his teammates.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Was mostly good, level of opponent into account. Had flashes of class and flashes of sub par stuff. I'm expecting him to lose possession quite often when it's the real deal, and will be interesting to read this thread then.

To put it into perspective AEG did well today with touches of class, and he sure isn't PL quality. Cup rotation option at best. 

Traore also hasnt played since the 27th July compared to AEG fitness and sharpness levels

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Guess we need to wait to hear from him if he meant it or not. It's a good thing his overall performance was good too!

Absolutely utterly obvious he didn't intend for it to be a shot. It's laughable even if we suggest it. If he claims it it's obviously bullshit. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Actually I thought he was shit. Touches of class yeah, but he was also very wasteful and only looked half engaged. He wasn't interested in his team at all. 

Agree we have to wait and see with Traore. Should go without saying?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Absolutely utterly obvious he didn't intend for it to be a shot. It's laughable even if we suggest it. If he claims it it's obviously bullshit. 

No, I think he was aiming for the corner flag.😀

They aim in the general direction.....they all do....it went in , bully for him.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Great. The hard work is the most important thing for me. You need to press and graft in this league, regardless of your talent. 

Even if he wasn't a better forward, that would improve us substantially over last season. 

Add in that he is actually a better forward than our current wingers then its a massive upgrade. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wouldn't say it's utterly obvious at all.  I'm really not looking forward to a whole season of this just because you wrote him off so early.

It’s completely obvious, so much so that anyone who disagree with Kenji is clearly blind and deaf.

People talking as if he scored a volley from the corner flag, he was in the box at slight angle, shaped his body as if he was aiming for the goal and was looking at the goal when he cushioned it into the net, it's not that inconceivable to imagine that he meant it, only people who disagree are those who can't take it that he's already proving them wrong. Even if he says he didn't mean it he's probably just being modest.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Anyone actually thinks that pass infront of goal was ment as a shot? Genuine question.

It's frankly bizarre that you can mistake a shot on goal as a pass? Have you been drinking? Genuine question. 

• Like 1

Given that it was his first game for a few months and first for us, I was very impressed with Traoré. We now have another skilful player. He will be frustrating but likewise will be able to do stuff that most of the rest (bar Jack) can’t. 

BTW it was a shot not a cross.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

Â