Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

McGinn is quick. Have a look at the extended highlights from Monday—there's a moment that shows exactly how quick he is. This McGinn Twilight Zone thing doesn't make sense.

As for Traoré, I don't think he really tried to run today. He was pretty leisurely. That's not a dig—I just don't think we really needed to go up the gears at all tonight.

I agree McGinn is quick. It's great because the opposition never think he's going to be as quick or strong as he is. Still catching them out after a season.

I was just highlighting it as I kept reading in reports and in various places he will bring "pace" to the Villa attack. Never thought that was the case, hoping to be proven wrong. He's nowhere near as fast as Watkins, and when you think of a forward, especially a winger with "pace" you're expecting some real wheels.

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bigger tests yet to come.

but Davis was brilliant against the same oppostion why is Traore not given the same benefit of doubt

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He didn't seem overly quick to me.

Sure you must have been impressed as its the first time you have actually seen him play

• Like 1

Didn’t get out of second gear but still looked quality!

I thought the goal was a cross especially after the celebrations and laugh with Lansbury but going to believe it was a superb shot if anybody asks.

• Like 1

At least we know he's not a donkey. 

He's a lot more delicate a footballer than I imagined from watching the YouTubes and listening to you lot. Good in tight spaces. And obviously physically he's all there. 

Bearing in mind he was playing against Bristol B team, he looks fit enough to play Premier League football, too.

He'll come off the bench on Monday and he has me excited for it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Anyone actually thinks that pass infront of goal was ment as a shot? Genuine question.

Just echoing others but it wasn’t a pass in front of goal, it was a pass into the back of the net on his weaker foot.

Bertrand didn’t get out of fist gear tonight.....he’s going to be very important to us this season.....especially if we can get someone like Sarr in on the opposite flank.

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Does anybody care? Genuine question 

Guess those who care about what actually took place does. 

If it was an intended shot his performance was automatically a lot more impressive by that action alone. If it wasn't, which I suspect, the hype around the shot is completely unwarranted. 

But the truth don't matter to everyone. Nothing new there. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

At least we know he's not a donkey. 

He's a lot more delicate a footballer than I imagined from watching the YouTubes and listening to you lot. Good in tight spaces. And obviously physically he's all there. 

Bearing in mind he was playing against Bristol B team, he looks fit enough to play Premier League football, too.

Not sure if you've seen the clip of all his touches in one of Lyon's game earlier in the thread but it gave a completely different impression than the highlights videos. Really lived up that today. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If it was an intended shot his performance was automatically a lot more impressive by that action alone. If it wasn't, which I suspect, the hype around the shot is completely unwarranted. 

But facts don't matter to everyone. Nothing new there. 

To me, it was quite clearly a side foot ball across the area. Not going for goal.

But, it does show what can happen when you try to put the ball into dangerous areas. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

But facts don't matter to everyone. Nothing new there. 

The performance was impressive, no? The level of opposition accounted for, he was one of our better players and just generally looked a step above most. 

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him start. 

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

But the truth don't matter to everyone. Nothing new there. 

What a hypocritical thing to say. You don't know what his intentions were. People are making judgements just like you are but they're not being arses about it unlike someone else...

Nothing new there.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not sure if you've seen the clip of all his touches in one of Lyon's game earlier in the thread but it gave a completely different impression than the highlights videos. Really lived up that today. 

I did see that, but I assumed it must have been an aberration given the way he was spoken of... 👀

Â