Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

🤔

You can be technically gifted but a poor Premier League footballer.

I've played with some lads at the 5 a side that have incredible technical skills, but wouldn't have a cat in hells chance of making it as a pro.

6 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The worst part is we could have had Bowen instead for the same amount of money. We were all begging to sign him at the time!

But people on here are still happy we went for him instead because he played nice football. 

I'll drive him to the airport while you lot recover any cry yourself to sleep , he was no better than Nzogbia.

Unfortunately it will be forgotten how good he was in his first season and he'll just be remembered for being a crazy maverick. Got more goal contributions than anyone not named Jack Grealish or Ollie Watkins (and even then not by much). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Unfortunately it will be forgotten how good he was in his first season and he'll just be remembered for being a crazy maverick. Got more goal contributions than anyone not named Jack Grealish or Ollie Watkins (and even then not by much). 

He was brilliant that season.

• Like 1

Glad he got a move this window. A relatively poor transfer on the balance of things. Was good in his first season here and did have some key and memorable goals last season after being recalled. But that's barely a year of useful contribution from a 3.5 year stint.

I do love him though, just a player who plays the way he feels

Farewell sweet prince.

Football is supposed to fun and what's more fun than having no idea what's about to happen? Bertie was certainly never predictable and for that I'm grateful.

In a world of rigid systems and production lines of disciplined players it was nice to have someone as mad as a bag of frogs.

Go well Bertie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Sad day indeed 😪 thanks for the balling out.

Good move indeed though, hope he shows what he's capable of.

And when we were struggling against low blocks in recent weeks, he would have been very useful for us.

Still fond memory of that Leicester goal. Without it we don't make europe. Also scored v Forest when we weren't looking too great at 0-0.

Was never going to become a starter again but as a sub he had his uses so I wish him well.

Hopefully Rogers can have a similar impact off the bench in a couple of close games in the run in.

• Like 1

He made some parts of football look very easy and other bits look very hard. Love you though Bertie. I’ll always remember the debut goal, that goal again Man Utd and that goal against Leicester.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Deals like this is why I wasn't bothered at all by Lange and McKenzie leaving. They didn't do a good job.

He was a £3-7.5m player and we whopped £15-20m down on him. He'd just come off an awful season. It was mental.

And we paid him over £12m since he's been here :crylaugh:

Didn't Terry just recommend him after a few attacking deals fell through? He was experienced in europe for Ajax/Lyon so at the time he felt a next level player.

Overall his output for minutes played was pretty good in 20/21, just never kicked on afterwards.

Those no look kamikaze blind passes across our own half were something else also!

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

He made some parts of football look very easy and other bits look very hard. Love you though Bertie. I’ll always remember the debut goal, that goal again Man Utd and that goal against Leicester.

Remember the debate about whether he meant the goal on his debut at Bristol City?

I also liked the one he scored v Newcastle, short corner played to him on edge of the box and he just smashes it in off the crossbar.

A shame most of his fantastic strikes were infront of empty stands.

53 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Deals like this is why I wasn't bothered at all by Lange and McKenzie leaving. They didn't do a good job.

He was a £3-7.5m player and we whopped £15-20m down on him. He'd just come off an awful season. It was mental.

And we paid him over £12m since he's been here :crylaugh:

100%.  Lyon fans were laughing to the bank when they heard how much we paid for him. I was told by a reliable source close to the Chicago Fire the fee for Duran was about £5-8m more than they expected. I know we loved those "out of the blue" signings under Purslow and Lange, but they came at a cost.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Terminated contract according to Fabrizio Romano.  Does that mean we paid him off to leave?

Or just paid out his contract 

Id have thought in reality if we probably negotiated a pay off of say 80% of his remaining contract between now and June so it works for us, villarreal then also pay him so he's effectively paid twice so it also works for him 

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Remember the debate about whether he meant the goal on his debut at Bristol City?

I also liked the one he scored v Newcastle, short corner played to him on edge of the box and he just smashes it in off the crossbar.

A shame most of his fantastic strikes were infront of empty stands.

Yeah I’d forgotten how long he’d been here to be honest, time flies.

Ha, yeah it split opinions that first goal. 

Â