Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, pete101 said:

He really has become mythical, man of moments, seems like a good person, so we pretend he has been good for the club but in reality his time here has been tragic for the majority 

Don’t think anyone suggests he’s consistently delivered over his time here (or even consistently played!) but his highlights have been really, really important goals for us. The Leicester winner last year which was critical to us getting Europe and helped send them down, as an example. So it’s not like he’s a cult hero based on just a gimmick. Same as I will always like the crucial goals AEG scored for us while acknowledging the club moved beyond his level in his time with us

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

Amazed how he always seems fit for the Afcon 

Was thinking this earlier. I rave about his goals but actually he's generally injured of late unless it's the Afcon, then comes back injured and disappears again. It's like the sicknote is forgotten. If this was Buendia for example, there would be a lot more unhappy fans.

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Was thinking this earlier. I rave about his goals but actually he's generally injured of late unless it's the Afcon, then comes back injured and disappears again. It's like the sicknote is forgotten. If this was Buendia for example, there would be a lot more unhappy fans.

Not me.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

It's ridiculous. He's taken this club for a ride.  That very inflated transfer fee we paid for him still really irks me. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

What a stupid penalty to give away lol. Happy for Bert though 

I'm pleased Bertie kept his cool to score a decent penalty. Just one thing confuses me about that video clip - why does Jean-Paul Gaultier appear in it?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, brommy said:

I'm pleased Bertie kept his cool to score a decent penalty. Just one thing confuses me about that video clip - why does Jean-Paul Gaultier appear in it?

Certainly putting himself in the shop window 

By the time he gets back then presumably gets a week off then back in training your looking around mid February so I'm suprised we seem so keen to offload him when just 3 months of the season will remain for the sake of circa £1m or so in wages. 

If Bailey or Diaby pick up any knocks or drop off then I'm sure he more than capable of interim cover especially if we progress on in domestic and European fronts. 

Can see him coming off the bench in Athens and scoring a 90th minute Bertie belter  to lift the cup! :cheers:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

It's ridiculous. He's taken this club for a ride.  That very inflated transfer fee we paid for him still really irks me. 

Hopefully Slippy G will snap him up and take him to the riches he deserves!😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

I don't think that's fair. He had a good first season with us. Then his injury problems started and by time he got fit Gerrard had banned wingers at the club and he was shipped out on Loan. Twice. 

He played a part in our run to 7th last season and then back to the injury problems. He really should/would have moved on in summer if Buendia didn't get injured.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

This thread only ever pops up on page 1 if bertie either scores a worldie or gets injured! 

Those are the only two things that he does, to be fair. 

43 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

This thread only ever pops up on page 1 if bertie either scores a worldie or gets injured! 

He can do both at the same time! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â