Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

53 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He was a frustrating player for me!  He's got obvious talent and a touch many would die for, but his decision making would drive me up the wall if I played with him :lol:

I suppose that's what makes him who he is though, and his mini-highlights reel is a corker! 

It was fun watching him though, not many dull moments and Villarreal seems like a good club for him, might meet them in Europe soon ;) 

First touch that many would die for followed by a second touch that nearly got him killed

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player who's consistency didn't swing from game to game it was from touch to touch 

We must have known what he was, took a gamble, we probably lost on the face of it but he's nowhere near as bad as some are making it, the idea that he mugged the club off is laughable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

First touch that many would die for followed by a second touch that nearly got him killed

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player who's consistency didn't swing from game to game it was from touch to touch 

We must have known what he was, took a gamble, we probably lost on the face of it but he's nowhere near as bad as some are making it, the idea that he mugged the club off is laughable

If the suggestion that he's spent the last 6-9 months making himself unavailable to play for us but available to play for Burkina Faso - which is not my idea but something heavily hinted by Villa podcasts - is true, then I'd say that's pretty much 'mugging the club off'. 

I mean I don't think it's tremendously important because it's not like he'd have played much anyway but if true I'd consider it very poor form. 

• Like 1

He only scored 10 goals for us, but that included the first time volley against Bristol, the ridiculous pass into the net against WBA, side foot top corner against Newcastle, top corner from a tight angle against Man U, top corner (albeit mishit) against Chelsea and then top corner from 25 yards against Leicester.

Overall he didn't produce enough based on what we paid for him, but i still can't help but like him given his 'highlight reel goal' ratio and all the other mad stuff he did.

43 minutes ago, andym said:

He only scored 10 goals for us, but that included the first time volley against Bristol, the ridiculous pass into the net against WBA, side foot top corner against Newcastle, top corner from a tight angle against Man U, top corner (albeit mishit) against Chelsea and then top corner from 25 yards against Leicester.

Overall he didn't produce enough based on what we paid for him, but i still can't help but like him given his 'highlight reel goal' ratio and all the other mad stuff he did.

Considering he made less than 40 starts its more impressive

We also paid 17 million for him, similar what we paid Coutinho and a nothing price in Premier League terms

Edited by Zatman

10 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I still don't fully understand that goal against WBA. One of my favourite Villa goals of that past decade

It's a work of art it's what the word "Nonchalant" was invented for!

Will miss him and take a greater interest in Villareal now!

He’s exciting and frustrating in equal measure, but I loved Bertie on the pitch for us. I’m no doubt we’ll see footage of him for Villarreal where he’ll beat four players with ease, then trip over his own feet, get back up and pass the ball into the bottom corner of the goal from 20 yards.  

He provided "moments of magic" for us.

That type of maverick can be frowned upon in modern football but every squad needs that type who can win you a game out of nowhere and he did that at Leicester last season.

All the more ludicrous that Slippy froze him out when he was actually fit and then spent endless post match interviews using that phrase and bemoaning we didn't have anyone on the pitch capable of it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He provided "moments of magic" for us.

That type of maverick can be frowned upon in modern football but every squad needs that type who can win you a game out of nowhere and he did that at Leicester last season.

All the more ludicrous that Slippy froze him out when he was actually fit and then spent endless post match interviews using that phrase and bemoaning we didn't have anyone on the pitch capable of it!

One of the reasons he was enjoyed was because he wasnt a system player and played with freedom. Something that has been pretty much killed in modern football, look what happened to Grealish 

• Like 2

On 02/02/2024 at 23:25, icouldtelltheworld said:

I still don't fully understand that goal against WBA. One of my favourite Villa goals of that past decade

Scientists have discovered a new particle and named it after him.

On 02/02/2024 at 11:36, Wainy316 said:

Quite the list!  Is the shirt cursed?

And before Angel it was Atkinson, Daley, Regis, Yorke, Saunders, Milosevic, Collymore and Dublin

So yeah, this:

On 02/02/2024 at 11:38, YLN said:

Giving it to Harewood and Ireland is what cursed it

• Like 1

Incredible tekkers on some of those. Lockdown Bertie will be an urban legend and a Villa trivia question in a decade along the likes of "remember that Barry Bannan pass at Fulham?"

Seems well liked from the rest of the squad too and that has always been true from the reports. Good luck Bertie!

• Like 1

Â