Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Just now, villan-scott said:

Only 6 months at Villarreal. Good luck Bertie. 

wise by Villareal if true, see if he can stay fit.

although tbh, i imagine he wont have any injury issues for the next few months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Only 6 months at Villarreal. Good luck Bertie. 

They're pretty smart at Villareal and realise longer contract could see them paying for him to be injured.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

One of the most entertaining Villa players ever and hampered by that clearing in the woods Gerrard. 13 goal contributions in his first season and some spectacular

Not good enough under Smith, Gerrard, Emery.

Thus, having his contract cancelled.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Shows Lyon fans (and Juventus with Bentancur)or other clubs have no idea about football

Plenty of Villa fans as well.

Scored some sublime goals in keeping us up and getting us into Europe.  Tantalising glimpses of talent, but never quite sustained it! 

Thanks and good luck Bert!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not good enough under Smith, Gerrard, Emery.

Thus, having his contract cancelled.

Plenty of Villa fans as well.

He got a combined 13 goals and assists under Smith in about 38 games. Gerrard was a clown(ironically dropping a player with actual moments of magic) and got 2 big goals under Unai to help send us to Europe

He did his job here while Lyon are an embarrasament 😂

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

With all due respect - why? 

Because for all his odd moments of magic, overall, getting nearly 80k off the books per week (in the region of £2m in wages saved for the remainder of his contract), for a player who has barely played in the last 7+ months, to me, is something to celebrate.

thats 2m we can spend better elsewhere.

im not saying he didnt have some important moments for us, but overall, he was a very poor signing.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Because for all his odd moments of magic, overall, getting nearly 80k off the books per week (in the region of £2m in wages saved for the remainder of his contract), for a player who has barely played in the last 7+ months, to me, is something to celebrate.

im not saying he didnt have some important moments for us, but overall, he was a very poor signing.

Football isn't just about money though.  Just comes across a bit heartless.

• Thanks 1

Villarreal have reached an agreement with the Burkinabe winger for the rest of the season

Villarreal CF have reached an agreement with winger Bertrand Traoré, who will play for the Yellows for the remainder of the season. The winger from Burkina Faso, who was previously with Premier League side Aston Villa FC, joins the Submarine on a free transfer.

Bertrand Isidore Traoré (6th  September 1995, Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso) is known for his skill, dribbling ability and capacity to get into the box and can play as a winger on either the left or right flank. Before joining Birmingham, Traoré had spells with Chelsea, Ajax and Olympique Lyon, among others.

Villarrealcf

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, useless said:

Villarreal have reached an agreement with the Burkinabe winger for the rest of the season

Villarreal CF have reached an agreement with winger Bertrand Traoré, who will play for the Yellows for the remainder of the season. The winger from Burkina Faso, who was previously with Premier League side Aston Villa FC, joins the Submarine on a free transfer.

Bertrand Isidore Traoré (6th  September 1995, Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso) is known for his skill, dribbling ability and capacity to get into the box and can play as a winger on either the left or right flank. Before joining Birmingham, Traoré had spells with Chelsea, Ajax and Olympique Lyon, among others.

Villarrealcf

Oh god, I know he's going to the yellows but damn...

Edited by osmark86

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I understand that I am in a very small minority ( probably about 2 ) but having followed Villa since around 1975 - I can say this Bertie is the most naturally gifted footballer I have seen at Villa. I accept like most wingers - he is totally inconsistent - but what a player.

Farewell Bert - would be amazing to see you back at VP in European competition soon. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I understand that I am in a very small minority ( probably about 2 ) but having followed Villa since around 1975 - I can say this Bertie is the most naturally gifted footballer I have seen at Villa. I accept like most wingers - he is totally inconsistent - but what a player.

Farewell Bert - would be amazing to see you back at VP in European competition soon. 

Seemingly there appear to be several of you with this wild opinion in this very thread!

You are all very wrong. 

Â