Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Bye Bernie. Not consistent but he did entertain us, which is what football is supposed to be from grim reality. Emery didn't rate him but I thought he could have still been a decent option off the bench especially in European football. In all honesty he probably contributed more to the Villa than either Coutinho or Zaniolo.  I wish him well in Spain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’d be steering away from content involving this guy at the moment Jas.

Oh shit, I had no idea 😮 

Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by Jas10

Can’t deny the tinge of sadness I feel on this… I knew his time was up… it wasn’t working out but I’ll always appreciate what he brought…

When Berty arrived and starting showing his skills… it gave me much of what I enjoy about the sport… skill and entertainment… it made me feel better about and enjoy watching this team more…

for me, he was a real highlight of the lockdown period and I found him to be the most enjoyable player to watch… like the gifs and videos I’ve shared several times… he produced some genuine moments of class and skill and some sublime goals… it felt like he was enhancing the team and, at least for me, was a genuine upgrade and superior talent to the like of Trez and El Ghazi (who I appreciated but obviously had their limitations)… felt like we levelled up… also… Barkley, JG and Berty seemed to enjoy playing together and producing some flowing attacking football (that first half vs Burnley was mesmeric… but I think we only ended up with a draw in the end 😆)…

I’ve always loved the players who don’t seem to over exert themselves or visibly show too much effort/struggle while producing elegant and graceful pieces of skills and goals that could be described as… “art” 😆

For me… it’s why it’s called the “beautiful game”… those players that can genuinely give you those “wow” moments, get bums off seats and just impress with pure technical prowess… that can express themselves on the pitch in amazing ways… rather than be completely restricted or hindered by factors such as the system or tactics… e.g. who else on that pitch would’ve scored that goal against Leicester? Basically clinching European qualification for us… McGinn even said he was telling him not to shoot but I’m sure we’re all thankful that he did! 😆

Berty started so well and there was hope that he could improve (and gain more discipline and control, better decision making etc.) and show his class more and more… it just didn’t work out like that but… he still had something to offer… he did have genuine injury trouble too (a longstanding groin injury that needed surgery in the end - that seems to have gone under the radar quite a bit) and he was basically disregarded and discarded by SG…

Oh what could have been with more time and coaching under Unai… to learn and be coached and educated by such an elite manager and coach but… it wasn’t to be… and he just couldn’t keep himself fit and available enough… maybe he lost a bit of drive and motivation…

Wish him the best of luck and hope he gets a “good home”…  hope he’s appreciated and continues to thrill and bring people joy… isn’t that why we watch this game? I prefer to be entertained rather than just win… maybe I’m in the minority there…

Farewell Berty, thanks for the memories…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Time for someone else to step up and take that “maverick” mantle now… but be more effective and reliable with it…

Is Bailey the man for the job now? Or is someone else waiting to make such an impact? 🤔 

He was a frustrating player for me!  He's got obvious talent and a touch many would die for, but his decision making would drive me up the wall if I played with him :lol:

I suppose that's what makes him who he is though, and his mini-highlights reel is a corker! 

It was fun watching him though, not many dull moments and Villarreal seems like a good club for him, might meet them in Europe soon ;) 

Â