Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

38 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We have our new scapegoat. Got it.

He’s not a scapegoat. He’s just not very good. Even in the games where people have praised him this season, it’s mostly for his defensive work. He’s a winger. Good wingers dribble, beat players, put in crosses and generally cause havoc. Trezeguet is literally in the side to tackle whoever plays on their left wing because he is so limited ability wise. 

As I’ve said many times before, he’s a likeable footballer but he’s never been and never will be a Premier League footballer. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s not a scapegoat. He’s just not very good. Even in the games where people have praised him this season, it’s mostly for his defensive work. He’s a winger. Good wingers dribble, beat players, put in crosses and generally cause havoc. Trezeguet is literally in the side to tackle whoever plays on their left wing because he is so limited ability wise. 

As I’ve said many times before, he’s a likeable footballer but he’s never been and never will be a Premier League footballer. 

Goalscoring has not been a problem for us this season.

He had an assist against Liverpool. Had it not been for his goals we would not be in this league.

I don't think we can judge anything till we've seen Traore play 90 mins a few times.

Also i don't think it's always Trezeguet vs Traore in terms of positions/starting eleven.

I also don't think all Trez offers is defensive tracking vs Traore good up front but somehow lazy and doesn't track back. I think both have a lot more to their game than that. Trez was awful against Leeds but so was most of the team, the games before that he was playing well.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Goalscoring has not been a problem for us this season.

He had an assist against Liverpool. Had it not been for his goals we would not be in this league.

Had we signed a better player we probably wouldn’t have been in a relegation scrap. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Had we signed a better player we probably wouldn’t have been in a relegation scrap. 

For what he cost I think he is reasonable value

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Trez wasn't our problem last season. Defence was the problem.

Luckily it got sorted and the improved defence is the main reason we've won 4 out of 5 games this season.

Edited by villalad21

4 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I don't think we can judge anything till we've seen Traore play 90 mins a few times.

Also i don't think it's always Trezeguet vs Traore in terms of positions/starting eleven.

I also don't think all Trez offers is defensive tracking vs Traore good up front but somehow lazy and doesn't track back. I think both have a lot more to their game than that. Trez was awful against Leeds but so was most of the team, the games before that he was playing well.

Yeah, I saw a good video on YouTube analysing the stats of our play (pre-Leeds) and Trez had been massive.

It all went to rats last Friday but in terms of progression Trez has come on leaps and bounds since last season. I’m keen to see what Traoré can do with 90 minutes, but maybe not yet - and not against Southampton. If Trez fluffs his lines again then fine, unleash the beast. 

18 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Show us what you got Bertie, good luck.

Yep, hoping he has a good performance today.  It would great to have a talented player on that side to take some pressure off the left side from Jack.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep, hoping he has a good performance today.  It would great to have a talented player on that side to take some pressure off the left side from Jack.

9 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Deserves a start, although Trez unfortunate. Hard to show what you are about in sub appearances to be honest.

He will need to put a shift in going back as well. If not, haul him off on the hour mark and get Trez on.

I just feel like most on here that whilst Trez tries his best he just has a ceiling that is too low for where we are now. 

Traore has way more potential but can he gel into the team dynamic, thats what we need, a team.

19 minutes ago, sne said:

He's someone I wasn't too keen on us signing for various reasons but a huge shame he got injured as we now only have Trez and ElGhazi.

Well those were our regular starters last year, AEG isn't even making the bench currently which is odd.

Other option is to start Davis and move Watkins wide in the 3. Might aswell do it for last half hour with this game lost to see if it's a realistic plan for Arsenal away.

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I've seen enough. Get rid.

I know it's early to say that but i don't like the man.

His careless, almost nonchalant attitude on the pitch pisses me off. Don't want characters like that.

Trez is a grafter. He works hard. Is a team player. I like that. He is aggressive and wins the ball high up the pitch in good postions allowing us to defend from the front.

Edited by villalad21

Â