Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He needs to work on his right foot but since his defensive work is questioned, I am appalled nobody has mentioned his brilliant defending to stop a clear one on one chance

He did track back very well considering it was our corner the counter came from 

29 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Can we stop playing him on the ring wing? I don't really get why we're playing him as an inverted winger.

That's his position sadly.

He's got no pace so can't play on the left as he can't get round the outside of anyone. Plus all our other wingers want to play on the left :)

Seemed like an extravagant signing at the time. A player that maybe wasn't at the top of anyone at Villa's priority list.

Depending on incoming players next month, he could just end up a full time bench warmer. Has to take better advantage of his opportunities.

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Can we stop playing him on the ring wing? I don't really get why we're playing him as an inverted winger.

Completely agree. Woeful winger. The amount of times he gets the ball and immidiately passes it straight back to team mate under pressure...

He can rotate at an AMC role, but we need a quality winger so bad.

I'd love to know which staff member that thought Traore was a good purchase at £ 17 million.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

That's his position sadly.

I don't think it is. CAM is his position. If he can't rotate there I'm not sure he should be playing.

I honestly would consider Watkins wide right and Davis up top over Traore right wing again.

Would have lined to see him play alongside watkins up top.  He certainly looks more dangerous when he gets the ball in the middle.

One thing he did well was superb defensive clearance as i think wood would have had a tap in.

Rest of his game was poor

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

He needs to work on his right foot but since his defensive work is questioned, I am appalled nobody has mentioned his brilliant defending to stop a clear one on one chance

It is one of my biggest pet peeves that professional footballers can't use both feet.

I was using my weaker left foot from the age of 8, so much so I was equally shit with both feet.

• Like 1

Seems to lack confidence. Why on earth did he try to pass to Watkins when he has a clear line of shot? You could see Grealish was frustrated after that decision.

I believe he can be something, but hoped it would come sooner...

• Like 1

More of the same, some good bits, some bad bits and a couple of bizarre bits. Talent is there but who knows at this point if he is a Premier League player. Time will tell. 

One thing I'd like to point out is that I'm not sure I've ever seen a player jump so high but win no headers at all. Almost every time he went up for a header last night he has almost a foot above his man yet some how ended up making no contact with the ball. Was weird to watch. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

One thing I'd like to point out is that I'm not sure I've ever seen a player jump so high but win no headers at all. Almost every time he went up for a header last night he has almost a foot above his man yet some how ended up making no contact with the ball. Was weird to watch. 

Hahaha, this so much...

Every game he plays he does something better and something worse but seems to be getting more involved every game. Not sure that leads to any conclusions though.

I can't believe we have three attacking players who at the moment can't seem to score goals (him, Anwar and Trez).

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

It is one of my biggest pet peeves that professional footballers can't use both feet.

I was using my weaker left foot from the age of 8, so much so I was equally shit with both feet.

Its something players of the past used to do. Sid Cowans, I never knew whether he was right or left footed. Maddison is a player who is good with both feet. 

If I was a winger, I'd relish coming to play with Watkins, Grealish and Barkley. I'd be aiming for at least 10 goals a season because as a team we create SO many chances. 
In the heat of the moment I was perhaps too harsh on Traore last night. He's not that bad, I'm just disappointed he's not quicker and his decision making worries me. 

The one time he needed to use his left foot last night, he used his right.

One good moment in the game where he tracked back when Burnley were on the counter, that was it .

See a lot of people saying he is not a right winger but did he even play there , Elmo was trying to get forward at times when he had just gone walkabout. At times in second half we looked like a front 3 of jack Ollie and Anwar.

He needs to be benched for the foreseeable future

• Like 1

Â