Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Beautiful instinctive, calm finish.

There was a moment first half, WBA tried a cross-field ball and from above head-height, effortlessly leaped in the air and brought the ball down with his foot. He's not your Aaron Lennon explosive pace sort of winger but by god can he make things look easy at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nah. Grealish was MotM by some distance. We're just gotten used to it, and used to Traore being shite. Thus you think he was MotM. 

As for Traore I think he played well today. You can see what he's about, and I think he'll over time be a very handy squad player for us, but I still think he's way to slow and pedestrian for a right winger role. We need pace and urgency. We would never have gotten away with the stuff today if we didn't play a dog shit albion side with 10 men. 

So while Traore played well and show cased his style of play, I really think we need different and better on the RW. 

the simpsons lemon GIF

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Swap right for left there and you could be talking about Paul Merson.

He did alright for us in the end.

What ever happened to chipped and lobbing the keeper goals.

Loved watched Merson.

• Like 1

Had a good game, liked his goal and he owed us a half decent performance. Also about time we beat a bottom team as we normally lose or drop points.

Still expect more from him, lots of wasteful attacking play slowed right down and had to go backwards even when 1 on 1 but a couple decent free kicks, some good but slow link up play added to his best by far performance for us.

• Like 1

I was going to post in this thread the other day but didn't get around to it.

I had a thought, that he may or may not be a success at this club - that could be down to consistency, suitability for the PL, or just not being the right fit - but I'd fancy him to score our goal of the season at some point.

He appears to be our most naturally skilful player, not necessarily the most "talented" (like Jack and Douglas) in terms of all-round ability, but there's magic in that left foot.

• Like 2

I'm not sure his performance today was so much better than the last games, he did run a bit more and worked a bit harder. Mainly I think the impression of the improvement comes down to the fact that he was up against Championship players. Traoré looked better because they were bad. He clearly has a lot of talent and I guess for that kind of player who has that little extra trick in his locker it's much about confidence. Now I want to see him pull these things off against the better teams too. I want him to be switched on and focused all the time.

He really is a joy to watch, the kind of player I'd pay to see, he often does the unexpected and has such slick and smooth technique. As I said before, managed the right way he can be really really good.

So far I'm still of the opinion that we would have been better off paying £10M extra for Benrahma instead. But Traoré is showing more and more what we have bought him for. 

5 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'd like to see a you tube compiliation of his tricks, that backheel and nutmeg last game, the flick over the opponent in the game before that, his first goal in the cup, this goal and his assists. Bet he would look awesome one you tube! 

He’s a good player.  He was written off before he even kicked a ball. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I was going to post in this thread the other day but didn't get around to it.

I had a thought, that he may or may not be a success at this club - that could be down to consistency, suitability for the PL, or just not being the right fit - but I'd fancy him to score our goal of the season at some point.

He appears to be our most naturally skilful player, not necessarily the most "talented" (like Jack and Douglas) in terms of all-round ability, but there's magic in that left foot.

He's a very deceptive player.....had a good one tonight.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s a good player.  He was written off before he even kicked a ball. 

And he can be an amazing player.

I guess you mean written off by a few, still I don't want to cement this written off-thing. As I pointed out several times in this thread in the summer, there were a very few very loud posters who had made their minds up about him from the start and was negative from the outset. The overwhelming majority were supportive or neutral and willing to give him a chance. If I remember correctly there was one poster who had followed Lyon and wasn't impressed and disappointed that we bought him, but still of course were willing to give him a chance. The other couple of posters who were negative are in no way representative of the supporters on here. I also at several times pointed out that for example posting what some Lyon fans have written on social media is not the same as  "what Lyon fans think", going through the Lyon fan forums he actually had much support from them as well.

So he wasn't written off by the villa supporters on here. He was written off by a couple who probably shouldn't get that much attention. I think it's unfortunate if it's cemented that Villa fans was supportive of him from the start. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Why are people obsessed with his right foot? Arjen Robben never had a right foot and be did alright.....

Probably because, like me, the majority of us play park football at best and we are mostly one footed - but even I can use my left when the situation calls for it.

At one stage against WBA Traore fell in a heap in the box. It looked strange so I watched the slow-mo carefully to see where the contact was. There was none.....

... it was just Traore trying to use his right.

I think the point being made here is you expect players that this level to at least have the basics in both feet.

• Like 4

Â