Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

One good moment in the game where he tracked back when Burnley were on the counter, that was it .

Got into a great position for Grealish’s pass (wasted it). Shimmied his way past their left back for a shot on goal in the first half (wasted it). From a standing position had a decent shot on goal (first touch was woeful, wasted it). Should have buried it at the back post (wasted it). Left their defender for dead on the half-way line in front of the Trinity, would have been very dangerous break, got pulled down, defender escaped a yellow.

His end product was absolutely useless last night but he had several good moments. There’s clearly a player there. I just hope he has the determination (more like Trez than Ross McCormack, say) to turn it into something.

• Like 2

A year ago Trezuget was rubbish and Douglas Luiz wasn’t tearing up any trees. I’m not saying that Traoré is going to be good or bad but the evidence is there that players need time to find their feet, especially when moving from abroad. 

People seem very quick to write players off. We’re only 11 games into the season and he has only started a couple I think. It’s not instant like ‘tinterweb. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

A year ago Trezuget was rubbish and Douglas Luiz wasn’t tearing up any trees. I’m not saying that Traoré is going to be good or bad but the evidence is there that players need time to find their feet, especially when moving from abroad. 

People seem very quick to write players off. We’re only 11 games into the season and he has only started a couple I think. It’s not instant like ‘tinterweb. 

That's fair enough but it's not going to be as a winger. Doesn't matter if you give him 12 months, he won't suddenly develop pace or two feet.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's fair enough but it's not going to be as a winger. Doesn't matter if you give him 12 months, he won't suddenly develop pace or two feet.

I though one of his strengths was supposed to be his speed? His two footedness I’d have to agree is Connoresque. 

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yeah but Trezeguet can use both feet which huge.

This thing of him being one footed is over played, most footballers massively favor one foot, you hardly ever see Salah use his right foot, or Mane use his left and their must be countless other examples too numerous to list. A footballer that can use both feet effectively is rare, and even then that skill alone doesn't make them a better player than another player that only uses one foot.

19 hours ago, useless said:

This thing of him being one footed is over played, most footballers massively favor one foot, you hardly ever see Salah use his right foot, or Mane use his left and their must be countless other examples too numerous to list. A footballer that can use both feet effectively is rare, and even then that skill alone doesn't make them a better player than another player that only uses one foot.

He’s a good dribbler even when they know it’s not easy to get the ball from him. For me it’s his decision making whats letting him down at the moment. I really hope he steps up as we’ve spent too much in him and he have some good attributes.

it maters when players get into goal scoring opportunities and cut back to use their stronger foot and thereby loose the opportunity to score a goal. 

He is extremely one footed though. According to understat, only 5% of the shot he takes are on his weaker foot compared to 13% for Salah and 30% for Mane.

Even then, its not the shooting I'm worried about. Its the dribbling. He's supposed to be a tricky winger but its very hard to do that when you use only one foot so much. It just makes him incredibly predictable and easy to defend against. That Burnley game, there were so many times where I felt he could've had more of a chance to beat the defender if he was only able to use his right foot more. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah but Trezeguet can use both feet which huge.

It’s just a shame his finishing is awful with both.  If Traore had missed some of the open goals he has missed this season he would have been destroyed on here.

On the other hand credit to Trez for his constant running to keep getting in this positions.  If only he had more composure. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Agree that a footballer using both feet with a similar effectiveness is extremely rare. Santi Cazorla was probably the best example I've seen - I've never seen another player take a free kick with their weaker foot and score. He was genuinely two footed. 

That being said, most decent wingers these days have the ability to "stand" a cross up with their weaker foot. Its a useful skill then playing as an inverted winger, you can take the defender down the line and then stand a ball up to the back post. It doesn't take as much technique or skill as whipping a cross. You also get some strikers these days who can shoot pretty effectively with their weak foot (Kane, Son are both very strong on their lefts) 

You are right about Salah by the way, he is very one-footed. He got put through against Spurs the other day on his right and his technique was awful, completely scuffed the shot. 

6 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

Agree that a footballer using both feet with a similar effectiveness is extremely rare. Santi Cazorla was probably the best example I've seen - I've never seen another player take a free kick with their weaker foot and score. He was genuinely two footed. 

I think Barkley is pretty much two footed aswell mate. 

28 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Never understood this signing and question what attributes our recruitment team saw in him. 

Me too. I don’t think he’s a bad player, but someone somewhere along the line thought for 17m, it was a good buy. 

I don’t work in football, but I still find it staggering some of the decisions clubs make on players. 

This just never looked a great buy from the start. Hope he comes good and makes me look stupid. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s just a shame his finishing is awful with both.  If Traore had missed some of the open goals he has missed this season he would have been destroyed on here.

On the other hand credit to Trez for his constant running to keep getting in this positions.  If only he had more composure. 

Not sure about you but i'd rather see Trez miss them chances than see Traore not even taking the shot because of not trusting his weak foot.

Though he hasn't been great, there is definitely something there, and I still think he could turn out to be a really good signing. 

When we were linked with him I watched a few things on YouTube and stumbled across some analysis from Pat Nevin during his time a Chelsea. Pat is someone who's opinion I respect, and basically said that the guy isn't a winger and needs to play centrally. That would certainly negate the fact that he is very one footed. I was surprised we didn't see him play the 10 role against Burnley with Barkley out. 

Â