Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Just now, AVTuco said:

Not impressed with his effort for the goal. Cost us the game.

I think the conditions affected him.

He slipped a few times, and grip was loose on the ball due to it being wet!

He doesn't usually spill those.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yep, I put it down to the conditions. Just a horrible mix of things. United otherwise didn't trouble him.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeh, that's why it's disappointing, but those happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Fernandes still had a lot to do and the deflection basically meant it was a goal but yes surprised Emi just didn't hang on to a weak shot as his handling was otherwise very good today.

Small error decides a very tight match.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AVTuco said:

He did also make a whole bunch of saves and defensive moves and clearances. This isn’t on him. Just a game of fine margins. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Fernandes still had a lot to do and the deflection basically meant it was a goal but yes surprised Emi just didn't hang on to a weak shot as his handling was otherwise very good today.

Small error decides a very tight match.

not even sure who's error the goal was, or a cumulation of small errors, Konsa let Rashford get in behind him, it was a strange shot, not even sure if i expected Emi to hold it, save went straight across goal and tbh i would have expected Moreno to get to the ball first, or at least get a block in, maybe he didnt realise ratface was so close, seemed just a bit of a scenario where numerous small errors led to a goal.

14 hours ago, AVTuco said:

He saved it, got up and got down for Bruno's shot but got wickedly deflected over him...he was down to stopped Bruno's shot but the deflection off Moreno took it above him.  Can't blame him for that.

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

could have done better with the initial shot 

but this comment is idiotic 

"Cost us the game" is too much in the sense that Moreno and Luiz could've scored and Martinez played well otherwise. However, Emi has to be kept on the highest standards and we lost because of that goal. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

We'd have lost that game 4/5 - nil with Olsen in goal and probably 2/3-0 with his opposite number De Gea. His sweeping was unreal.

Emi is much better than thlse and needs to be evaluated against his own level.

1 hour ago, SecretVillaScout said:

The goal Man United scored was dedicated to all the old dinosaurs who like the goalkeeper to kick long.

Point should be made that Emi should really kick it wide if he’s going long. Going right down the middle like he did shows the danger of the type of goal that can be scored when going down the middle. 

4 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Point should be made that Emi should really kick it wide if he’s going long. Going right down the middle like he did shows the danger of the type of goal that can be scored when going down the middle. 

100% This goal is Emi's fault.

21 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

The goal Man United scored was dedicated to all the old dinosaurs who like the goalkeeper to kick long.

Exactly.

By playing it long you are basically giving away the ball and initiative of the game.

Emery is right. Going long is very rarely if ever the solution.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 16:17, AVTuco said:

I play in goals, and all I can say it was a tricky one - it was going in the corner, it was slippery, he punched it out wide properly and it was tapped in. If anything, we can ask why our defenders weren't there quicker than Ratface. 

We saw he slipped a few times already so wanted to make sure he got it. 

It could have been done better, but it was a good goal. They did something we failed to do - test the keeper in rainy conditions. 

We conceded very few goals in recent weeks. And the one we conceded is conceded by many goalkeepers every week. 

Â