Emiliano Martínez

hippo

When I got to the ground tonight Emi wasn’t on the pitch training with the rest of the team, then the announcer said ‘there’s been a late change to the team sheet’ I had a really nervous couple of seconds until he went on to say that Willian had been withdrawn, 

33 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Certainly not a legend yet (in Emi's case) and I think of all the players at the club, Mings has to be top of that list at the moment. 

Lets wait and see. Whether Mings or McGinn get to that status remains to be seen, but I don't think it's correct labelling these players legends, especially whilst they're still playing and not seeing the complete body of work for the club. In years to come they may well be seen in that way but both have an awful long way to go. Emi does too imo.

This could probably go in tactics thread as well, but Emi is (quite surprisingly) not leading the shithousing keeper charts. In fact only mid-table:

Bazunu took an average of 43.7 seconds before taking each of his 18 goal kicks at the Emirates. Add that together and Southampton were able to burn 13 minutes and 6 seconds of time while taking goal kicks. Only Brentford’s David Raya in the Bees’ 2-0 win against West Ham (13 mins and 29 seconds) had been able to eke away more time in a game from goal kicks this season.

Average time taken to take a goal kick Premier League

from: https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/04/guide-to-premier-league-time-wasting/

If you get the chance to see Emi being interviewed by Ian Wright on Behind the Game, well worth a watch.

comes across as a really nice bloke.

currently on VM ch502 but bound to be repeated!

Edited by Lochheads twin

1 hour ago, Lochheads twin said:

If you get the chance to see Emi being interviewed by Ian Wright on Behind the Game, well worth a watch.

comes across as a really nice bloke.

currently on VM ch502 but bound to be repeated!

Great interview,  he's a legend

Â