Emiliano Martínez

hippo

13 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

He’s got a stomach bug, he’ll be ok by our Fulham game. He just needs a day or so to get it out of his system.

Hopefully he hasn’t infected half the squad. Coming in to work when you’re sick and infecting your teammates is not a good idea in any workplace. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Did he go to Mr Egg?

It would've been coming out of both ends if he went there. And it would've started much sooner, too. It'd be Gary Lineker all over again.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Hopefully he hasn’t infected half the squad. Coming in to work when you’re sick and infecting your teammates is not a good idea in any workplace. 

Yeah, I wonder if they’ll tell him to stay away for a few days. Could be cutting it fine for Fulham.

What are the rules on if a team's goalkeeper has diarrhea streaming down his leg throughout the match, creating small puddles of excrement around the six yard box? Is there a rule saying it's not allowed? Because if there is no rule against it, can I suggest that we take advantage of that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, the_eristic said:

I dunno, the "get well soon" messaging on the club socials is ominous.

If I feel terrible at work and take some flexi back to get myself home, the go-to polite response is get well soon. I don't think it's an ominous message from them that means they know more about the illness I've got and I don't think anyone expects me to be away for a while, still anticipate seeing me the following morning. 

Think there's too much weight put into the social media posts of clubs, as if the temp with the login details to our insta has got a direct line to Emery and the Medical team 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

If I feel terrible at work and take some flexi back to get myself home, the go-to polite response is get well soon. I don't think it's an ominous message from them that means they know more about the illness I've got and I don't think anyone expects me to be away for a while, still anticipate seeing me the following morning. 

Think there's too much weight put into the social media posts of clubs, as if the temp with the login details to our insta has got a direct line to Emery and the Medical team 

They've got form for that message corresponding with very lengthy layoffs.  I'm not sure I've seen it for shorter absences before (although it's probably selective awareness given if an injury isn't serious I don't go looking for info about it).

That said, he's arguably our most key player, and given the relative drop off we face if he gets subbed, it's more likely just an insta rep just recognising the fact we need him back for the next game.

Sounds like he should be according to Greg, the concern is whether anyone else in the squad gets it.

5 hours ago, YLN said:

What are the rules on if a team's goalkeeper has diarrhea streaming down his leg throughout the match, creating small puddles of excrement around the six yard box? Is there a rule saying it's not allowed? Because if there is no rule against it, can I suggest that we take advantage of that?

Gary Lineker shat on a pitch once, don't think the ref did anything.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don't think food poisoning is contagious 🤣

Depends if it was food poisoning.

Also, if it was, with the amount of time him, Emi2, Luiz, Moreno, and Carlos spend together they've probably eaten the same things anyway for most of their meals. 

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Depends if it was food poisoning.

Also, if it was, with the amount of time him, Emi2, Luiz, Moreno, and Carlos spend together they've probably eaten the same things anyway for most of their meals. 

I think Emery said it was related to something he ate.  Maybe he's just intolerant to something they aren't.'

Edited by duke313

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think Emery said it was related to something he ate.  Maybe he's just intolerant to something they aren't.'

Hopefully isolated whatever the case.  A 12 hour window between developing for one person and another is possible with food poisoning. The others might be later showing signs. 

Do we get a presser today for tomorrow's game? Might give us an idea if anyone else is impacted. 

Â