Emiliano Martínez

hippo

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's the best keeper we've ever had, surely?

Unless one of the older heads tells me about Jimmy Rimmer etc in the 70s/80s.

This has already been answered, with something along the lines of: Rimmer was a fine keeper, but Martinez is on another level.

• Thanks 1

Do think that the general great form of the team has made him go under the radar of late as he's been brilliant. Most notably his distribution has improved massively, from often overhitting balls out for throw ins (Arsenal in particular springs to mind) to being like an 11th outfield player and playing perfectly-weighted passes into the path of Moreno's runs.

• Like 4

Absolutely no doubt he is the best now. Mentally a monster. Incredible athleticism at 6ft 5 and probably 15 stone. The most commanding keeper coming for crosses since prime Schmeichel.   Brave as fook. Off his line like Usain Bolt . If you built the perfect keeper then thats what you would end up with physically and mentally. 

As I said, I was huge fan of Bosnich, but even in the 90s when we were top 4/6/8 regularly, he had his weaknesses (kicking!).

Emi has not only shown he was already a top shot stopper, and commanding of his box, but now he's added improvements in distribution, kicking, decision making, able to play sweeper keeper, stopper, agility, psychology (penalties), desire and application.

I don't think I've ever seen a player just go from one level to another without letting something else slip slightly.

I just have this incredible confidence that even if Villa dominate for 93 out of 94 minutes, he'll be there for that 1 opportunity, such is his focus at the moment.  I've never had such confidence in a keeper.  What keeper in the world gets number 1 over Emi at the moment?  Courtois? Oblak? Ter Stegen?  Neuer?

I'm not so sure.. 😮

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d have taken a defeat if it meant the injury isn’t serious. Please don’t be out too long 🙏🏽 

Think he was vomiting at half time. Should be back by Fulham. 

• Thanks 1

Club really needs to investigate this seriously!

Who his Chef?
When did he employ him?
What did he cook him?
Does the Chef have Big 6 routes?
Bribed by the Big 6? 

We need answers. How many more chefs could be contaminating our players food to stop us getting in the top 6?

Edited by SecretVillaScout
  • Like 1

Â