Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Here's what Emi actually said:

No estoy pensando en moverme todavía

Todavia (and different from todavia no which he doesn't say) is the critical word here.

Todavía means still. We use it to express that an action, state, or event is the same as it was in the past. 

I've not thought about it still.

Emi could intepret the quesiton negatively or positively, we don't know the exact way it was asked by the journalist. He could and probably is re-asserting that he's not thought about it as I posted earlier.

I'm not a fluent speaker by any means, but that Twitter post is fishing to wind people up.

• Like 2

Here’s the Google translation of the question and answer, so take it with a pinch of salt:

If it itches you to play in a Champions team:

“They have already asked me. The club is doing well. The season is over and we already have great signings. I'm not thinking of moving yet. I'm thinking of playing for the national team. When all this is over I will sit down with my family. It's not something I have in mind with five months to go before the World Cup."

I assume the ‘sit down with my family’ bit is that he wants to spend time with his family after the World Cup, not that he means he’ll talk to them about his next move, necessarily.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Not a cat in hell’s chance we get 4th anytime soon, it’s a mountain to climb to get 6th without dropping £150-200 million on three new first team starters. De Vrij, Laimer, and Nunez and we might have a shot.

You have to agree with this, but then you think about how close Arsenal came last season and the fact that a Spurs team in crisis actually got it. Both teams finished just 6/7 points ahead of us the previous season. As long as United continue to be a basket case, I think 4th might be up for grabs by a whole host of clubs like West Ham, Leicester, Wolves and hopefully us if Gerrard lives up to his potential and we continue to have a smashing window.

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You have to agree with this, but then you think about how close Arsenal came last season and the fact that a Spurs team in crisis actually got it. Both teams finished just 6/7 points ahead of us the previous season. As long as United continue to be a basket case, I think 4th might be up for grabs by a whole host of clubs like West Ham, Leicester, Wolves and hopefully us if Gerrard lives up to his potential and we continue to have a smashing window.

Newcastle.

They will just outspend everyone to get ahead...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think he’ll go next summer. We’ll get a big fee, the world will keep turning. He’s had a very average season for us. He needs to have a good season next season if he has those aspirations. 

Have said it before, his kicking is not good enough to play for an elite Champions League team

7 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Newcastle.

They will just outspend everyone to get ahead...

They can't,  FFP will mean they can't possibly spend more than the existing top 4, and neither can anyone else. 

On Emi, he's going nowhere anytime soon, unless we have another season like this one

Edited by MrBlack

On 25/04/2022 at 09:16, HalfTimePost said:

He's not wrong but it bugs me we bought all these players with a DoF so the head coach wasn't as important and then got a Head Coach with allegedly a very different philosophy and who needs his own men in. It's not the 90s anymore and we were told this is exactly what we weren't going to do.

you do what works......and when it don't work or partly works, you revisit it.

Thats what we have done.

22 hours ago, Ginko said:

Here’s the Google translation of the question and answer, so take it with a pinch of salt:

If it itches you to play in a Champions team:

“They have already asked me. The club is doing well. The season is over and we already have great signings. I'm not thinking of moving yet. I'm thinking of playing for the national team. When all this is over I will sit down with my family. It's not something I have in mind with five months to go before the World Cup."

I assume the ‘sit down with my family’ bit is that he wants to spend time with his family after the World Cup, not that he means he’ll talk to them about his next move, necessarily.

The problem is in top flight football, someone is always in your ear.

top Goalkeepers need a good defence in front of them.....based on last season, you could understand doubts creeping in to his thoughts.

The club is doing all it can to keep these players together, they now have to deliver........to help to do that too.

On 02/06/2022 at 09:08, Ginko said:

He is saying he will spend this summer chilling with his family and looking forward to the World Cup, not thinking about a transfer. This is good news for us, he was basically dismissing any chatter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Didn't see the match but this is a good example of how he looks far more comfortable on the ball for Argentina. Quality of the players plays a part but hopefully we will be better organised playing out from the back this season.

That was really poor pressing from Italy, no intensity at all.

I obviously want England to win (as much as I despise the buffoon in charge) - but Argentina/Martinez will be my go to team otherwise. I'd love for him to lift the World Cup with Messi. Imagine the boost he'll have from it.

Â