Emiliano Martínez

hippo

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

From the presser today, sounds like the season end can't come soon enough for Emi1...assuming that tendonitis is the cause of his slight doubt for this game. 

I reckon he will play at Man city. Important game for our parent club Liverpool.

• Haha 1

Emi’s form continues to worry me. His confidence when claiming crosses seems gone, these days he drops the ball two times out of three. Also lacks confidence when there’s a chance to make a quick throw, always ends up waiting at the edge of the box.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Emi’s form continues to worry me. His confidence when claiming crosses seems gone, these days he drops the ball two times out of three. Also lacks confidence when there’s a chance to make a quick throw, always ends up waiting at the edge of the box.

Does he not have tendinitis that I think they’re going to operate on once the season ends? That might have something to do with it. (?)

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Does he not have tendinitis that I think they’re going to operate on once the season ends? That might have something to do with it. (?)

I didn’t know this. Is this confirmed or a rumour?  Could it explain why he’s worse this season?

Just now, ender4 said:

I didn’t know this. Is this confirmed or a rumour?  Could it explain why he’s worse this season?

I’m sure I read it in one of the threads but can’t find the post.

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

He said it in his interview with Foster, in his left knee

Not sure an operation can cure it

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Ok captain spelling. 

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So?

So... if you're searching for where it's mentioned you might need to spell it correctly... apologies for trying to help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Brilliant save at the end though that is getting overlooked due to the incredible Mings block a few seconds later.

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

So... if you're searching for where it's mentioned you might need to spell it correctly... apologies for trying to help.

Sorry mate I was just jesting thanks for your help. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Sorry mate I was just jesting thanks for your help. 

No problem. I was slightly bitter about finishing 14th last night... might have shown.  😅

Back on Emi, if he has got an injury that benefits from rest, I do wonder why he played.  We could easily have coped with Olsen getting some game time. Gives me some hope that his injury can't possibly be that serious. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Looking at this season’s xGA stats the most striking thing is Wolves. Their xGA is 55 but they’ve only conceded 40.

That’s an insane difference — if Jose Sa had conceded as many goals as he ”should” have, Wolves would currently only have 40 points and be 15th in the league table instead of 8th.

For Martinez the difference between conceded goals and xGA is small. Our outfield players however have outperformed their xG by about 7 goals.

Â