Emiliano Martínez

hippo

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can see why they went, but they're not guaranteed starters when they get back, for me. If their replacements have a decent game against Chelsea, these two should need to fight to get their shirt back.

#InSteerITrust

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Emi has said we didn’t know about Brazilian quarantine rules. Not sure whether he’s trying to defend us or say we’re stupid.

As a grown adult, perhaps he should have found out about the quarantine rules that applied to his trip

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Fwiw the Spurs fans seem to think we’ve dealt with it better.

Yep. Whilst it was forced, we did the right thing from a PR point of view. Once the players had forced our hand we had little choice. 

• Like 1

If I was being sent on a work trip (I know the comparison falls down a little as we're his employers, not AFA), I would presume that the organisation preparing the trip, arranging flights, hotels and any required visas would have verified the rules, and I'm not sure I'd double check.

Obviously if I wanted to travel personally, I'd verify all of this stuff, and it's trivial to do so, but when it's all been sorted for you and you're just expected to turn up and work, I don't think it's unreasonable to trust the people who are responsible for the logistics of this.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

That’s worrying, especially if there is some truth in Oblak being reluctant to sign a new deal in Madrid.

Whilst a little worrying - it would command a mahoosive fee to interest us. 

not saying we should sell him but he’s worth upwards of £75m at least and for a keeper that’s massive. 

personally I’d rather keep him 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

I'm pretty sure he believed that the AFA would deal with the process/paperwork.

He'll know better next time!!!

I guess its like many things, who is the more convenient to blame.

I’m getting confused with who’s saying what and exactly what’s happened now. Is any party faultless here? It just seems like one monumental f*** up by everyone involved from start to finish. 

The beauty of it all is Buendia only went there for a couple of training sessions and didn’t even make the squad. 

It’s a sorry state of affairs and doesn’t just reflect badly on the clubs, the players and the AFA, but football in general. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m getting confused with who’s saying what and exactly what’s happened now. Is any party faultless here? It just seems like one monumental f*** up by everyone involved from start to finish. 

The beauty of it all is Buendia only went there for a couple of training sessions and didn’t even make the squad. 

It’s a sorry state of affairs and doesn’t just reflect badly on the clubs, the players and the AFA, but football in general. 

Fifa is the biggest word removed in all this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fifa is the biggest word removed in all this.

All they care about is making the ultimate profit regardless of how it affects the clubs and countries they are supposed to help.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No, no. You can't criticise the club for this. That's anathema.

• Like 1

Â