Emiliano Martínez

hippo

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

People are assets to employers and they didn't have the right to play for their country in Brazil and never did.  Whoever looks after the players at Villa should have checked their eligibility and stopped the players entering Brazil before the players left the UK. It's not rocket science I could have checked it in 5 minutes but it's not my job. Douglas must have known that he couldn't play in Brazil, why wasn't that information used? Embarrassing 

This is complete and utter nonsense. They have the right to do whatever they want within the realms of the law and what their contract says. Maybe you chose the wrong word but going on about their rights is nonsense. 

Edited by sparrow1988

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Clubs are not allowed to stop their players playing for their country. FIFA issued an announcement on it literally days before we had to allow them to go.

It is Argentina and the players' fault this happened. The players I can understand as they were allegedly told they would not be selected again if they missed it. 

This is not the club's fault. 

This isn't FIFA, it's Brazilian law and we should have spotted the obvious oversight and informed the players not to travel to Brazil. 

Just now, tinker said:

This isn't FIFA, it's Brazilian law and we should have spotted the obvious oversight and informed the players not to travel to Brazil. 

We had been telling players not to go for weeks as had the entire Premier League. 

FIFA told us to shut up and let them go.

Paperwork appears to be the issue or even a deliberate mishandling by Brazil, who rather than stop them the day before or morning of the game where line ups could be changed, decided to wait until 11 minutes after kick off to disrupt.

It's not the club's fault.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

This is complete and utter nonsense. They have the right to do whatever they want within the realms of the law and what their contract says. 

Lol , complete crap, They never had the right , they thought they did but didn't.  Watch the coverage, big clue...... removed from the pitch by the police and now face deportation   possible court appearances. The mind boggles at such ignorance at plain facts.

6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s because they won’t have to self isolate when travelling from Argentina to Croatia so can train with each other for 10 days before returning to the Uk. Croatia is not on uk red list so as they will have spent previous 10 days there, they are free then to join up with the Villa squad without having lost fitness by completing a uk hotel room quarantine.

I assume the chances of either playing against Chelsea are not looking good then.😀

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I assume the chances of either playing against Chelsea are not looking good then.😀

They were never going to be playing against Chelsea from the moment we decided they could join up with the Argentina squad. We knew that and to be honest I'm fine with players missing one game to go and represent their national teams. 

They'll be back in time for the Everton game. I guess the frustrating thing is that given Buendia hasn't played a single minute for Argentina and the farce that happened last night Argentina really didn't need to call them up in the first place.

20 minutes ago, tinker said:

Lol , complete crap, They never had the right , they thought they did but didn't.  Watch the coverage, big clue...... removed from the pitch by the police and now face deportation   possible court appearances. The mind boggles at such ignorance at plain facts.

Confidently incorrect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tom_avfc said:

They were never going to be playing against Chelsea from the moment we decided they could join up with the Argentina squad. We knew that ...

I never . 🤭   Had I known I would have sent the club a very stern letter prohibiting their release and all this would have been avoided.

I thought Villa's odds of 10/1 was a bit much for a team who has had plenty of decent results against Chelsea over the years.   

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, tinker said:

Just to clarify 

Entry by air

Aircraft passengers who have been in the UK, South Africa or India in the 14 days prior to arriving in Brazil must quarantine for 14 days

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/brazil/entry-requirements

Took 2 minutes. Embarrassing 😳

Great

I like how you automatically assume that no one at the club checked that

And that you have insight as to the conversations that took place between the club the players and the argie FA to that extent 

The truth is we don't know... But that must mean that it's villas fault? Not sure why some fans always do that, especially in this instance two of the other parties is the argie FA and the Brazilian authorities

Everything about this stinks of something dodgy between those 2 countries

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tinker said:

Did you ignore the part of my post where I said within the realms of the law? Or are you just overreacting as most people do when producing phrases regarding rights. 
If I was a professional footballer I’d be putting trust in the people around me to ensure that I’m allowed play these games. I’d have enough to worry about, with training, ensuring I’m in good shape, recovering after a long flight and so on. There are many people to blame here before we even get close to the players or Villa. 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Great

I like how you automatically assume that no one at the club checked that

And that you have insight as to the conversations that took place between the club the players and the argie FA to that extent 

The truth is we don't know... But that must mean that it's villas fault? Not sure why some fans always do that, especially in this instance two of the other parties is the argie FA and the Brazilian authorities

Everything about this stinks of something dodgy between those 2 countries

It wouldn’t surprise me if they changed the restrictions for entering from Argentina as retaliation to being beaten in the Copa. It’ll never officially be that but it’s like something they would do. 

19 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Anyway, they‘re on the way back apparently. 

Although, it is villareport.

I really hope that’s true. Screw the rest of the international break, just get them back. This would also line up with Villas agreement between the players. But I have my doubts based on how the AFA and Lionel run things. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Â