Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

The Argentinian team, including the naughty 4, have flown back to Argentina so presumably all systems go for Croatia tomorrow.

Croatia are playing Slovenia tomorrow and Argentina are still due to play Bolivia late Thursday night ?  What am I missing in regards to the Croatia link ?

23 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Croatia are playing Slovenia tomorrow and Argentina are still due to play Bolivia late Thursday night ?  What am I missing in regards to the Croatia link ?

The Emis are missing the last game and flying to Croatia to quarantine I think, I guess it has some sort of advantage in terms of timing.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Big Salad said:

I don't really see why Villa is getting a ton of flack on this. The AFA are the idiots in this.

We knew where the games was and should have read the Brazilian rules and informed the players and the Argentinian fa our players couldn't play or had to isolate for 14 days. Its not rocket science  and the information is readily available on any travel agents website.  It's embarrassing and Villa can't hide from it and blame the Argentinian FA, they don't pay the players and don't give a shit about our Premier league status .

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

We knew where the games was and should have read the Brazilian rules and informed the players and the Argentinian fa our players couldn't play or had to isolate for 14 days. Its not rocket science  and the information is readily available on any travel agents website.  It's embarrassing and Villa can't hide from it and blame the Argentinian FA, they don't pay the players and don't give a shit about our Premier league status .

AFA are responsible for the team they put out, if members of that team should have been in quarantine for 14 days as they've come from plague island then that's their responsibility. Not Aston Villa's. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

It’s because they won’t have to self isolate when travelling from Argentina to Croatia so can train with each other for 10 days before returning to the Uk. Croatia is not on uk red list so as they will have spent previous 10 days there, they are free then to join up with the Villa squad without having lost fitness by completing a uk hotel room quarantine.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Exactly and Villa have had absolutely no power in this once it became clear that the players were going to exercise their right to play international football. They could have had a massive fall out with two key players and still lost them to international duty so they tried to make the best of a bad situation.

Considering that The 2 spurs players went with The 2 Emigos and that spurs are run by Levy i would suggest that there was no other option. If there had been a way to wriggle out of it he would have found it 

• Like 3

Have FIFA come out and said anything on this? I mean we can apportion blame to the PL, Villa, the AFA, the Brazilian authorities whoever but really FIFA are the architects of this shitshow. They are the global governing body and this problem is very much global. They should be in negotiation with the respective FA‘s either through UEFA, CONMEBOL, and so on with the respective governments of where games are to take place to ensure that all the players can play in these countries on theses dates. But, instead they release a statement saying clubs are powerless to stop players going and then just sit back and say “well, that’s that sorted now. I can’t see how this could possibly go wrong”.
I mean get creative. There’s an AFCON in January. Use the same window to move all the qualifiers in all jurisdictions to this time and just have it sorted and ready to go. But no, that’s too forward thinking. Look, I’m sure that there are reasons that wouldn’t work either but try something to sort it. At the same time though they’re probably just too busy pushing for a World Cup every two years. I mean what else are they meant to do with all the stadiums in Qatar that will be useless in 18 months. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Considering that The 2 spurs players went with The 2 Emigos and that spurs are run by Levy i would suggest that there was no other option. If there had been a way to wriggle out of it he would have found it 

Exactly. Everyone keeps saying the club is a soft touch and naive.  Are you telling me Spurs are too?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

AFA are responsible for the team they put out, if members of that team should have been in quarantine for 14 days as they've come from plague island then that's their responsibility. Not Aston Villa's. 

We suffer from it,  we should protect our assets 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

We suffer from it,  we should protect our assets 

They're people, not assets. It's their right to play for their country when called upon. Representing your country should be the pinnacle of any footballer worth his salts career and the club was right to accommodate their desire to play.

• Like 2

Â