Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think his kicking is a bit overhyped by some, its decent but its far from elite

Elite is Ederson's ball for their first. If Pirlo had done it back in the day people would still be creaming themselves over it.

• Like 1

The save from under the bar to prevent the rebound off the post of the Konsa header was absolutely incredible. Pure reflex and reaction to scoop the ball from under the bar and onto the roof of the net.

It's a shame the team has fallen apart since Christmas as he really deserves the record for us, he's **** superb.

• Like 2

The guys probably made 4 or 5 errors all season. That's just nuts.

Doesn't look like a Superstar doesn't act like a Superstar but he is definitely a Superstar.

Long may he continue between our sticks.

Player of the season is probably now down to just 4 players

Jack 

Ezri

Emi

Targett

Much as I love ollie, his form has suffered due to the terrible midfield we have put out.

We lost one of them and we've gone to pot. I think it would be the same scenario if we lost anyone of them for a good chunk of the season.

It's great Martinez is showing his skills; the save against WBA where he flicked it over was amazing!

But i think our midfield aren't doing enough to protect him and as a result he is having to make too many saves.

Statistics show he is fourth in having faced the most shots, he is keeping company with keepers from WBA, Sheff. Utd, Burnley and Dirty Leeds.

It's not good really and again it's midfield where the problem lies as Mings and Konsa particularly are blocking shots.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Farlz said:

I can't imagine he's going to break our clean sheet record now unfortunately. I thought he'd get that no problem a few months ago, bit of a shame. 

Don't we still play Palace?

Could be a clean sheet that one and then a freak 0-0 against either Everton, Manure, Chelsea or Spurs and we Gucci start the party.

Edited by Steero113

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Don't we still play Palace?

Could be a clean sheet that one and then a freak 0-0 against either Everton, Manure, Chelsea or Spurs and we Gucci start the party.

wouldn't call a 0-0 against either of those teams a freak result. I think we're capable of it. just gotta get out of this pesky poor form XD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

wouldn't call a 0-0 against either of those teams a freak result. I think we're capable of it. just gotta get out of this pesky poor form XD.

Yeah I was referring only to our recent poor form really, if we were back to pre-Covid 19 form we should be getting at least 6-7 points and a couple of clean sheets from that but hey ho

I must admit I was somewhat disappointed when we signed another keeper - I was thinking why do that when we have Heaton returning and Steer to deputise in the meantime and priorities in other areas, although we did partially address those later in the window.

However, I have been amazed how much better we have been with him in goals, even compared to when Heaton was there (who I think is a top keeper).  Probably, the outstanding keeper in the Premier League in terms of both saves and, more importantly, the confidence/calmness he emits to his back 4.

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah I was referring only to our recent poor form really, if we were back to pre-Covid 19 form we should be getting at least 6-7 points and a couple of clean sheets from that but hey ho

understandable. I feel like we'll see some return to form soon though, call me an optimist. I hope the players are fired up after that draw against WBA when we were battering them at the end. Let's go to Everton and show them we can match them.

Â