Matty Cash

paul514

50 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Got to admit I was nervous when he stepped up for his pen, but he dispatched it beautifully. Well in Matty!

I was nervous when every one of them stood up to take one in all fairness

• Like 3

Late goal that saved us and a key penalty in the shootout, hopefully that will keep some people off his back until the end of the season! He looked a different player when Leon came on, they have a good understanding and if we are chasing the game - Cash is the only option at right back.

Crucial goal and stepped up for a pen. He has all my respect.

I just hate the way he carries the ball far too long when a forward pass to Diaby/Bailey is clearly on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

That shot from 30 yards as well.

The team was going out with a whimper, and he grabbed the game by the balls and gave us some impetus.

He was shit for 80 minutes, but he changed that game.

Basically this is it. Was a massive liability but still saved out collective arses. Also anyone noticed Cash only has one power setting for his shots 🤣

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

First game back after injury, played 120minutes, scored to bring us level on agg and sunk a penalty.

Leave him alone lol.

This.

Cash nearly scored three goals FFS and yet still some aren't happy!

When Emery was first at Villa, Cash was playing well, unfortunately he's had a few injuries.

Villa have some strange and highly critical fans.

12 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I really like him, I've always liked him...

And to say he has two goals in a European Quarter Final...

Don't understand the s*** he gets on here, is it because he's handsome perhaps?

😂 definitely not, he's far from the most handsome in the team. Would struggle to crack top 10.

Showed tremendous character and bottle and one (the only?) who actually took a shot or two! Wish we would have more efforts on goal rather than overplaying, as many teams tend to do these days. It’s all well and good passing and passing but… if you don’t shoot, you don’t score… take a chance, threaten the opposition goal and test the keeper… mistakes happen too that can be exploited… and he did just that!

Good effort saved before his goal then saved our skin by putting that chance away… could tell he was feeling the pressure in the shoot out (face was red and looked almost on the verge of tears) but he tucked it away nicely. Stood up when it counted and we needed him, if not for him we would already have been out…

Deserves a lot of praise and credit… whether or not he has certain limitations, the lad has huge desire and determination and sometimes it’s those intangible qualities that are needed and can get us through tough games.

Proper stepped up and showed what this club/team mean to him. Saved us!

Well done Matty and thank you 👏 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Cash is clumsy, has almost zero awareness and has a mistake in him almost every match. But you cannot deny that he makes things happen. He was on the end of that nice move for our first shot. Gave the keeper a stinger later on and of course, scored the goal. Beautiful penalty too.

I was ready to make him the first target of my anger had we exited the competition, but, fair is fair, that was some redemption. On another day, he smashes windows, so big - up Matty, cometh the hour. 

Â