Matty Cash

paul514

Fair play to Matty. He had a tough game, but to score the goal to take us to extra time and then score his pen, after 120 of his comeback game, was very impressive. 

• Like 4

good performance, good finish, and a really well taken pen too (he wouldn't have been on my list of pen takers so shows what i know)

Did well last night. Obviously got the crucial goal and took a really good penalty but watching the highlights back he actually had all of our chances in 90 mins too 😅

Edited by villan95

Definitely need to upgrade on him this summer. He's not a bad player by any stretch but he doesn't have the composure required to play the way we need him to, sadly. 

On 19/04/2024 at 10:02, R.Bear said:

Cash is clumsy, has almost zero awareness and has a mistake in him almost every match. But you cannot deny that he makes things happen. He was on the end of that nice move for our first shot. Gave the keeper a stinger later on and of course, scored the goal. Beautiful penalty too.

Pretty much all this in the first half. Clumsily gave away the pen. Nearly scored with that shot. You basically have to take him, roots and all, or dont take him.

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Unpopular opinion, but apart from the pen I Thought he had a really good game.

I thought he looked a shambles defensively more often than not and he was bloody lucky to have Konsa there bailing him out several times.

He's better than Konsa going forward, and I love his desire to make something happen in the other half, but he can't **** defend. We desperately need to reinforce at rightback, he's nowhere near good enough for where we are now.

28 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Unpopular opinion, but apart from the pen I Thought he had a really good game.

I agree, the pen was a shocker and sadly you cannot make mistakes like that as a right back at this stage in his career. It was such a simple decision to not dive in there, most top flight right backs aren’t giving away that pen there, the thought just wouldn’t cross their mind to do what he did.

But he was pretty good the rest of the game, and his long throws were useful for setting Watkins, Bailey and Diaby free.

His heart is unbreakable, makes mistakes, keeps trying, no matter how up against it he is, he never gives up , some players just shrink under pressure, impressive 👏.

Is he good enough? I'm not sure tbh but he's got us 4th place and he's ours, that's good enough for me. 

Â