Matty Cash

paul514

Konsa ar rb is a disaster. Going forward he isn't ever going to overlap with Bailey and defensively we let in so many goals you'd think we were fighting relegation.

Need Cash so badly.

On 09/04/2024 at 13:23, duke313 said:

Has to be the top priority in summer along with a DM.  

Agree.  Top two priorities for sure.  I'm still not sure that a CB whose good in the air (and on the deck) isn't also high on the list.  Konsa and Pau aren't the best aerially.  But if we can stop the crosses coming in to start with that would certainly help.

However, always worth remembering that it wasn't long ago that we needed upgrades all over the pitch.  Now we're down to being a couple of players away from being a top class squad (especially when you consider that some of the issues are arising because of the sheer number of more defensive players who have been out this season).  Surely next season we can hope / expect that we can be more consistent in picking our bext XI and / or rotating our best / second best player in each position rather than our third or fourth best.

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Konsa ar rb is a disaster. Going forward he isn't ever going to overlap with Bailey and defensively we let in so many goals you'd think we were fighting relegation.

He's excellent there.

He's very missed at centre half though.

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's excellent there.

He's very missed at centre half though.

Going forward we lack so much without a proper right back. Overlaps etc... 

Plus as you say, we need him at CB badly. Carlos is nowhere near good enough.

The most unfairly maligned player in VT history.

Though he was actually pretty shit tonight lol.

He's a backs against the walls player who always had a burst or great moment in him.

• Like 3

The thing about the penalty was I (didn't we all) know exactly where that was going. Power and wrap a foot around it to the easy side of the net and it was a great penalty.

....but....Matty isn't a man of culture, he wasn't opening up his hips and stroking the ball into the opposite side of the net or waiting for the keeper to go down and putting it down the middle.

I don't think that goalie has ever seen him play.

Penalty in the 3rd critical spot was definitely not what I expected but to be fair, he’s always had good technique. It’s the decision making that’s questionable. 

I really like him, I've always liked him...

And to say he has two goals in a European Quarter Final...

Don't understand the s*** he gets on here, is it because he's handsome perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Defensively not good enough, but he was giving it all and I can ask no more. Dragged us into the game with his shot before the goal. Took a great penalty too. Thanks Matty.

Â