Matty Cash

paul514

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This, Cash isn't expected to attack often down the right, the role is to cover a fast winger playing ahead of him. This is what we'll see once we sign some new players

Even more reason to be disappointed with Bailey's recent output. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Bailey is playing as a forward though not a winger atm

Sort of, but he's still drifting out wide right (he certainly was against Stevenage), and he has no defensive responsibilities. So he needs to be more creative.  

One of these ones where I’m not against selling him for the right price (that’s true of every player, in fairness).

But if Chelsea are genuinely interested it does give me pause for thought that maybe he’s worth keeping. I know Chelsea aren’t quite their usual selves at the moment, but they’re still not exactly terrible and they’re seeing something in him. If the interest is true.

Regardless, as others say the price would need to be high. 

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

One of these ones where I’m not against selling him for the right price (that’s true of every player, in fairness).

But if Chelsea are genuinely interested it does give me pause for thought that maybe he’s worth keeping. I know Chelsea aren’t quite their usual selves at the moment, but they’re still not exactly terrible and they’re seeing something in him. If the interest is true.

Regardless, as others say the price would need to be high. 

Yes but chelsea saw something in cucurella and spent stupidly over the odds for a average  player.

Unai could find a unbelievable rb if we sell cash for 40m ofd

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes but chelsea saw something in cucurella and spent stupidly over the odds for a average  player.

Unai could find a unbelievable rb if we sell cash for 40m ofd

If Emery is happy letting him go for whatever price with a replacement in mind, then I’m happy. 

I’m just naturally suspicious when a better placed club are interested in one of our players who isn’t tearing things up at the moment. Like something is amiss. Normally it’s the better, in form players that we have to be mindful of.

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

If Emery is happy letting him go for whatever price with a replacement in mind, then I’m happy. 

I’m just naturally suspicious when a better placed club are interested in one of our players who isn’t tearing things up at the moment. Like something is amiss. Normally it’s the better, in form players that we have to be mindful of.

Yeah i get your point. Just dint see what cash would offer them. He is nowhere near as good as reese james

56 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Slightly disappointed he hasn't kicked on. Not a great defender or attacker at the moment.

Thought Gerrard's awful system was hampering him for a while but not sure what to think now. 

He was one of the few who played OK in it because he had lots of space to run into

Out of form at the moment, but he isn't actually that bad, wouldn't surprise me all that much if Chelsea wanted him as a stop gap until James is fit again and then be a squad option for them and also help with their home grown quota. Was only six months ago that people were prepared to believe that Atlético wanted him.

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

His crossing is non existent 

I do agree it's a poor side of his game but he doesn't get forward to the point he can really put in a cross. Also, who are we aiming for? No point hanging one up to Ings or Watkins, he used to spam deep pointless crosses under Gerrard.

Â