Matty Cash

paul514

32 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

One of these ones where I’m not against selling him for the right price (that’s true of every player, in fairness).

But if Chelsea are genuinely interested it does give me pause for thought that maybe he’s worth keeping. I know Chelsea aren’t quite their usual selves at the moment, but they’re still not exactly terrible and they’re seeing something in him. If the interest is true.

Regardless, as others say the price would need to be high. 

If he's not in Emery's future plans and he's happy to let him go, then I'm not going to be sentimental about it or think he's worth keeping because Potter might fancy him. If any current player isn't up to Emery's standard or in his plans, they can leave. I know that sounds harsh, but I'm backing Emery 100% and not going to question his decision making in terms of how he decides to strengthen this team.

Edited by JayVTID
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, JayVTID said:

If he's not in Emery's future plans and he's happy to let him go, then I'm not going to be sentimental about it or think he's worth keeping because Potter might fancy him. If any current player isn't up to Emery's standard or in his plans, they can leave. I know that sounds harsh, but I'm backing Emery 100% and not going to question his decision making in terms of how he decides to strengthen this team.

That’s all fine. It’s going to be down to whether Emery thinks he’s of use. 

I’m really talking about it from VT’s collective view, which at the moment is a bit indifferent towards Cash. Maybe if Chelsea like the look of him, perhaps Emery and his team do too. And it’s VT that’s missing something.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Go on Chelsea. I trust Unai to find a quality replacement. 

Wonder if he had his head turned at the World Cup. 

Yes backwards that’s why he’s regressed so much…..

Cash certainly isn't crap ffs - no idea where this has suddenly come from.

Cash is a decent player but I do wonder if he's going to develop much more from here and perhaps now is the time to cash in on him. 

Anyway, I want Emery to make the decision - he knows what he wants. 

Chelsea are interested apparently. 

Honestly, anything over £30m and we need to accept and re-invest. He's a decent player, but he's very limited. The fact that Ashley Young has been much better this season tells you all you need to know. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Chelsea are interested apparently. 

Honestly, anything over £30m and we need to accept and re-invest. He's a decent player, but he's very limited. The fact that Ashley Young has been much better this season tells you all you need to know. 

Are these not just rumours?  I remember talking about selling McGinn to Man Utd for £50m. 

Will wait and see if a bid comes in, but i'm not convinced there will be one.

• Like 1

If we can turn a profit on him then I would take the deal, if they are offering £30-£35m+ then I would bite their hands off and re-invest. I think Cash has great energy, and does a decent job but also has weaknesses positionally and with his distribution. He doesn't contribute as much going forward as I thought he would when we first purchased him from Forest. Like someone else said earlier, he hasn't kicked on like we would have hoped.

To maybe cut him a little slack I am not sure if he is fully fit, he has been picking up niggly injuries this season. Firstly against Man City, then he injured his shoulder pre World Cup but managed to carry on playing, then seem to pick up a strain this weekend.

• Like 3

No offer has been reported, this just seems like Twitter guff. 

Shame, as I think this would be a quality opportunity to do a Brighton and sell a player above his market value only to reinvest a fraction of the money on a player that suits the Emery system. 

• Like 2

On 01/01/2023 at 13:36, CVByrne said:

I think it must be those who were at the training camp know the system better than those who were at the world cup. 

you don't need to be at the training camp....to stop a cross.

he couldn't stop a pig in an entry.

its clear, he lets too many crosses come in to the box....just lately added "nothing passes" to his game too.

I am totally with UE on this...If its true.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

On 09/01/2023 at 16:35, The_Steve said:

Go on Chelsea. I trust Unai to find a quality replacement. 

Wonder if he had his head turned at the World Cup. 

I had my head turned, (when Luke Norris, nonchalantly, placed a shot on the bar in the 38th minute, with Cash taking a picture on his phone, might as well had) in disbelief.

On 09/01/2023 at 16:35, Condimentalist said:

I'd prefer to keep Cash but if there's a good fee he's far from irreplaceable, especially on this season's form.

play Konsa there, when Carlos returns.....with asymmetrical full backs.

Â