Matty Cash

paul514

14 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I don't think he's ever going to be consistently whipping in good crosses to be attacked in the air.

Using him to get to the byline and cutting back is a far more effective use of his abilities, so it's good to see more of this.

He's nearly there and his stock is rising. He should be decent backup for someone that can do it all. 

39 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

People saying we need to upgrade on him do my head in. Who we supposed to get, Cancelo? Guy's one of the best right backs in the league.

Go back in time and get a prime Cafu or Zanetti! :D

What I liked today was that he offered something that no one else did until Bailey came on - the energy to go around the outside of his man and get to the byline.

He brings a good energy and he can keep the whole flank busy - good game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

People saying we need to upgrade on him do my head in. Who we supposed to get, Cancelo? Guy's one of the best right backs in the league.

If the Atheltico rumours are correct it just shows how good he can be. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

If the Atheltico rumours are correct it just shows how good he can be. 

100% it's no coincidence. The guy joined us from the Championship last season put on a consistent first season in one of the best defences in league. This season not so consistent but often due to the tactical requirements of his role at times. Last two games he's been used better and we've seen the best of him.

He could be better going forward at times, he could be less erratic with some of decisions. But I think we've seen improvements on both over time and defensively he's as sound as any in this league. Wishing for more and indeed we are going into elite territory. With experience as we hopefully grow and international football he could be that one day.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's laughable. A champions league team like Atletico wants him and some still wanna get rid 😂

• Thanks 1

He gives everything but he doesn't have everything. I love him like I love SJM but they are limited... IF, IF we can get better I would do it, if not, he like a few others are at least mid table prem players but let's not kid ourselves, there are better players out there. We probably have 2 top4 starter level players and maybe a couple more when they are really at their best.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

What I liked today was that he offered something that no one else did until Bailey came on - the energy to go around the outside of his man and get to the byline.

He brings a good energy and he can keep the whole flank busy - good game.

i hope he does this more often going forward, with his pace he could be a real nightmare going outside/to the touchline etc.

Too often i have been pulling my hair out when he runs on to the ball high up the field, then cuts back on himself and passes backwards, when the option is on to take the ball on and see what he can do....i was always thinking "go to the line, use your pace!!, drive a low cross in (or similar)".

Would love to see him be a bit more confident in himself to take people on, or use his pace to run on to through balls etc down the line.

6 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

He's nearly there and his stock is rising. He should be decent backup for someone that can do it all. 

They cost 50m + generally these days and play for CL clubs.

With continual good coaching he can get there, just needs to keep a cool head at key points rather than just rushing things.

I think on the whole he's had a good season.

I bloody love Matty Cash, even with his faults.

Not sure how to explain, but he just has that bit more conviction, dynamism and fight in him than Targett seemed to.

I'm guessing that's what SG and co ultimately saw.

He has the fundamentals to come with us on the rest of the journey if he improves certain aspects further.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If you went back in time and got both of those, they would still be retired in 2022 ;)

I’ve seen back to the future. People don’t age after they time travel😉

• Like 1

Â