Matty Cash

paul514

Cash and Targett have gone from good defenders to bad players which is very frustrating and isn't down to form anymore, fingers need to start pointing at playing a system that doesn't suit our players or the coaching 

• Like 3

Just now, skarroki said:

Cash and Targett have gone from good defenders to bad players which is very frustrating and isn't down to form anymore, fingers need to start pointing at playing a system that doesn't suit our players or the coaching 

Exactly.  And I worry that we will just keep getting rid of good players until we have a new team that fails due to a shite system

Come back Athletico....£20 is fine. 

I'm wondering what the love in for Cash is about. I just see a championship defender tbh. So hat if he's dynamic. His first touch is horrendous, passing and crossing equally as bad. I'm struggling to see why we wouldn't replace him because with the ball he's very poor. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Come back Athletico....£20 is fine. 

I'm wondering what the love in for Cash is about. I just see a championship defender tbh. So hat if he's dynamic. His first touch is horrendous, passing and crossing equally as bad. I'm struggling to see why we wouldn't replace him because with the ball he's very poor. 

Did anyone have a problem with any of this until October though? He's definitely good enough for us and for the money we spent to get him, and the money we'd get whilst he's shown up in this system, we aren't getting much better. 

Just now, skarroki said:

Did anyone have a problem with any of this until October though? He's definitely good enough for us and for the money we spent to get him, and the money we'd get whilst he's shown up in this system, we aren't getting much better. 

TBH I'm just not a fan. I fail to really see an improving player. In fact I would go as far as to say he was better when he first arrived. At least then I could see the potential for being better that Guilbert. At the moment he'd be one of the first players I'd replace based on what he does with the ball. It's not good enough for a team relying on FBs to create from wide. 

Cash isnt a bad player, i have no doubt he is a very good defender, and i specifically mean that....a good defender.

he is really poor going forward though, and that is highlighted massively with the way Gerrard wants him to play.

I have no doubt that in a team where most of his work is defensive, chasing players down, closing space, protecting the right side, he will do brilliantly, as he has mostly done for us.

However, going forward, its not good, attacking play breaks down with him so many times when he is up the pitch.

For that reason, i dont see him being our number one right back next season, we need someone like Digne on the right, someone comfortable on the ball.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Cash looks championship standard.  Sell him in the summer.  His crossing is diabolical 

I got absolutely slaughtered for stating that earlier on in this thread.  He’s championship, lower PL at best.  John Gidman and Kenny Swain he ain’t and never will be.  Both were converted wingers.  We will not get £40M of anyone’s money for him.

1 minute ago, AVFCGB said:

I got absolutely slaughtered for stating that earlier on in this thread.  He’s championship, lower PL at best.  John Gidman and Kenny Swain he ain’t and never will be.  Both were converted wingers.  We will not get £40M of anyone’s money for him.

You shouldnt be getting slaughteted.

He has not been good this season. Cant cross, rash with his tackling and makes the wrong decision. Also ive noticed he hesitates more when taking the ball forward.  He slows down alot of our play now.

Its our fault anyway as we dont have another rb to compete  with him so if he plays shit who do you bring in?

Â