Matty Cash

paul514

I thought he was awful against Newcastle, but was pretty solid today.

He's never going to bring the creativity in that wide role but he got to everything and delivered the ball much earlier than he did with Newcastle - which was an improvement over taking a few touches and smashing it into the first defender.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why was he taken if? If it wasn't a injury a absolutely stupid decision by Gerrard.

Can someone tell me why he didn't opt for Chambers at right and bring hause on??

Chambers wont be able to bomb down the right like Cash can

I think he’s a fantastic right back in pretty much any system apart from the one we’re trying (and failing) to use at the moment. 

We have to be very careful here. The club may think it’s wise to go out and buy an all out attacking right back and sell Cash to raise that money but if Gerrard doesn’t work out here, all of a sudden, we’re stuck with players who don’t fit a system that a new manager might bring. What if the next manager relies on wingers for the service out wide and fullbacks for defending? 

Cash is a very good player. If someone bids £40m for him, ok, that would be hard to turn down, but we would be wise to keep him unless we’re absolutely sure we can sign a better player. If we can replace him with better, fine, I’m up for that, but there aren’t too many right backs in the league better than Cash.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

It was because  he took his shirt of

Well bollocks to him. I know its not good to take a yellow, but the message was important.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dale said:

Well bollocks to him. I know its not good to take a yellow, but the message was important.

Agreed, incredibly stupid rule, as there was no time wasting what so ever. But Cash knows the rules and knows he'll get booked, could have been smarter about it (for example by lifting up his shirt instead of taking it off).

2 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Agreed, incredibly stupid rule, as there was no time wasting what so ever. But Cash knows the rules and knows he'll get booked, could have been smarter about it (for example by lifting up his shirt instead of taking it off).

Pick up a banner from the staff or something. Don't think Jimenez ever gets done for the mask thing

• Like 1

Â