Jaden Philogene

Kingman

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Offers more defensive work rate than our other forwards/wingers as well, which is a bonus.

Yes, I noticed he's not scared to put in a tackle.

He has leapfrogged Traore this preseason, without doubt. Being trusted to start all three of the friendlies so far is a big step for him: Emery is signalling to us that Jaden needs to take this chance. 

Only issue is the extent to which Traore’s injury scuppers any potential move away. If we can get something for him - or more likely loan him to get some of his wages off the books - it’ll be a big win financially. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd have no issue moving Bailey on and giving this guy a chance. 

Na.  Bailey has a role to play

Based on a couple pre season games means literally nothing 

If anything it will be in place of traore

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 4

Too good for the Championship. Keep him around unless you can loan him to a higher tier league than the above. Impressed with his workrate, vision and overall touch from the highlights I’ve seen. 

18 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

He has leapfrogged Traore this preseason, without doubt. Being trusted to start all three of the friendlies so far is a big step for him: Emery is signalling to us that Jaden needs to take this chance. 

Only issue is the extent to which Traore’s injury scuppers any potential move away. If we can get something for him - or more likely loan him to get some of his wages off the books - it’ll be a big win financially. 

Let's not forget that the January window comes around pretty quickly. Will be interested to see who takes their chance and who gets shuffled in the new year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Too good for the Championship. Keep him around unless you can loan him to a higher tier league than the above. Impressed with his workrate, vision and overall touch from the highlights I’ve seen. 

He's not proven that yet tbf.

That said, I think he's shown a lot in the pre-season so far and could definitely play a part in the squad this season. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's not proven that yet tbf.

That said, I think he's shown a lot in the pre-season so far and could definitely play a part in the squad this season. 

Some players thrive when surrounded by better players and coaches.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Some players thrive when surrounded by better players and coaches.

Most, I dare say, just depends on their individual ceilings as to how far they can go.

JPB is in a good spot, though, as it's just the end-product to add and it looks like he's starting to do that. 

Will not have done his chances any harm so far in pre-season.  If he keeps putting in good displays will give Emery something to think about.  With how inconsistent Bailey and Traore are, it will do no harm to keep him about to January at least, with the Conference he should get some minutes.

Â