Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Emery talked about him in the press conference. Says he is showing levels where he can help us this season. Said there are offers for him to go out but right now they want him to stay with the squad. Then also mentioned Archer being very good

He said 2 players for every position and some young players trying to help. So 25 man squad + 2/3 young players I get the feeling. I'd say Philogene, Archer, Duran will all be staying. The rest will go on Loan. I feel AJ is on cusp of some mega numbers if he goes back to Boro and can stay fit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

He said 2 players for every position and some young players trying to help. So 25 man squad + 2/3 young players I get the feeling.

I feel bad for saying this but surely that’s 22 man squad plus 2/3 youngsters? I know I am literal there but the difference between a 22 man squad and a 25 man squad in terms of actual people is Dendoncker, Traore, and Chambers for example. Big difference between 22 and 25 man squad.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Enda said:

I feel bad for saying this but surely that’s 22 man squad plus 2/3 youngsters? I know I am literal there but the difference between a 22 man squad and a 25 man squad in terms of actual people is Dendoncker, Traore, and Chambers for example. Big difference between 22 and 25 man squad.

Sorry yes, 22 players + 3 youngsters for a 25 man squad was my interpretation. 

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Sorry yes, 22 players + 3 youngsters for a 25 man squad was my interpretation. 

I thought that u21 was not required to register the name on the list of 25. if anyone so can register if older than u21

Emery mentioned said; "he likes 2 each position"

so I estimate/figure this list. with Emery preferring formation and playing style

GK 
R-Martinez *1 / R-Olsen *2
NR- Marschall *Y

DR / Wing Back Right
R- Cash *1 / R-Chamber - Need sign new one *2
NR- KHH *Y but he is on loan 

DL / Wing Back left
R-Moreno *1 / R-Dinge *2
NR- Revan *Y

Fast DC / Ball Player Centre Half
R- Konsa + R- Ming *Chemistry Partner
R-Carlos + R-Torres *Potential best CB partner
NR- Feeney + NR- Swinkel * Young CB 

MR (or AMR) / CM (if Free roles move right area)
R- Ramsey (J) *1 / R- Bailey*2 
R- Philogene *Y - so he should be in with us also he challenges Bailey for number 2 or impact sub

ML (or AML) / CM (if Free move Left area)
R- McGinn *1 / R-Countino *2
NR- Young *Y

MC (PM) + DM
R- Luiz + R-Kamara *1
R-Tielemas + R-Chamber / R-Dendoncker *2
NR- Ramsey (A) + NR- Iroegbunam *Y

Forward + Free Roles (Drop in behind forward or Attack right side, Attack left side)
R- Watkins + R- Diaby *1
NR- Archer + R- Buendia *2
R- Duran + NR- O'Kellyman *Y

(I think)
R - register required 
NR - No Register Register 

I'm not sure which youth is older than 21.

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Starts again tonight, Unai seems to really like him. 

Makes sense to keep him around and move Traore on at end of the window.

JPB has plenty of talent, just needs to stay fit now he's seriously involved with first team squad. Emery will give chances to youngsters he deems good enough so perhaps he sees elements of Saka/Pino in him?

• Like 1

On 11/04/2023 at 09:34, Reivax_Villa said:

Personally he can make it at this level..

He reminds me of Olise & Eze.. 

He is only 21 and he is twisting full backs ankles?

He is no worse than what we currently have he just needs to work on his end product and decision making.

I said it a few months ago..

He is ready..

9 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He starts ahead of Bailey..

Although Bailey has more tools than JPB at this moment..

He doesn't over dribble.. over dance on the ball..

He knows the assignment and is able to execute it

This is the coaching from Emery. Not running before you can walk. Pulling him back a little to make him more effective.  Then we will see him add more and more to his game. Until we have the full Philogene experience !!  Skillwise he is probably up there with Diaby luiz Buendia and Coutinho. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He should be kept in the squad. Excellent tourney for him.

I guess pre-season often has a bright spark, and Jaden seems to be it this time round.

Done everything he can - deserves a place in the squad this season IMO, and looks capable of having a decent impact too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

looked good so far.

I think he has defo done enough to at least be considered for a first team slot this season.

Yes, squad rather than first XI though. But he definitely adds more than Traore, so if its between those two then i'd go with JPB every time. 

• Like 3

I’d back philogene to score a fair amount if given game time, his movement in the Box and ability to find space is very good for a player who isn’t a striker. 

his workrate is also good and has the ability and confidence to do the basics well….yes we need to keep him around 

Edited by Villatillidie95
  • Like 1

Â