Jaden Philogene

Kingman

I was thinking of something really interesting in the kitchen last night, when we were in the championship we spent tens of millions on the likes of Hogan and McCormack supposedly some of the best strikers in the championship, now we're loaning out our academy players out to the championship, who albeit it's early yet you could say look like they will do a better job in that division than those costly players did for us.

Also interesting to look on forums such as Preston's, Forest's and Stoke's, and see their fans excited about loaning our academy players in and rate them so highly, just a few years back we were seen as their equals, now they speak of our academy players as being better than they could hope to attract without the loan system, I guess it was a similar situation with us and Abraham, shows how quickly things can change.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, useless said:

I was thinking of something really interesting in the kitchen last night, when we were in the championship we spent tens of millions on the likes of Hogan and McCormack supposedly some of the best strikers in the championship, now we're loaning out our academy players out to the championship, who albeit it's early yet you could say look like they will do a better job in that division than those costly players did for us.

Also interesting to look on forums such as Preston's, Forest's and Stoke's, and see their fans excited about loaning our academy players in and rate them so highly, just a few years back we were seen as their equals, now they speak of our academy players as being better than they could hope to attract without the loan system, I guess it was a similar situation with us and Abraham, shows how quickly things can change.

i was thinking, when was the last time, we had 3 young players on loan in the championship doing well? (ok Davis isnt young, but i mean more players with potential)

47 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I feel like I need to see a highlight reel from his performance yesterday with the way the Stoke fans are talking about him.

Hope somebody makes one. I watched the whole 90. His performance was very Grealish like. 

2 hours ago, useless said:

I was thinking the same, imagine if we had this set of youth players back then, but I’m not sure we would be in this position now if we did - mad really. 

Gives you a real interest in the Championship.

Depending where we are next season - with incomings and outgoings - it could be good to see all three of our current championship crop playing on loan for a newly promoted PL side/bottom 6 side and getting 30+ games. The way that Chelski have done it with Gallagher is real "big club" stuff and I am hoping we can do similar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Gives you a real interest in the Championship.

Depending where we are next season - with incomings and outgoings - it could be good to see all three of our current championship crop playing on loan for a newly promoted PL side/bottom 6 side and getting 30+ games. The way that Chelski have done it with Gallagher is real "big club" stuff and I am hoping we can do similar.

If any of Stoke, Forest or Preston go up via playoffs it would be wise to extend the loan you'd imagine.

He always looked the best of the youth players coming through but sadly our manager has no interest in wingers

I would wonder if we could convert him to full back or we might have to lose him. He has that raw ability you cant teach 

I was convinced he would start for us at Watford first game of the season, not surprised he’s impressing and I just really hope he gets a chance next season. He would have been a great option off the bench on Wednesday night 

On 09/02/2022 at 15:34, PieFacE said:

I feel like I need to see a highlight reel from his performance yesterday with the way the Stoke fans are talking about him.

Sky sports score app.

Free highlights, shows a few of his shots.

But the most interesting thing it shows is the most moronic sending off of a keeper I think I’ve ever seen.  He has the ball in his hand ready to throw out, but decides to punch an opposition player minding his own business in the head.  So forest go from having possession, to having an outfield player in goal, being down to 10 players, and going 2-1 down thanks to the resultant penalty 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Hopefully all these guys come back in summer raring to go and genuinely pushing to get into our first team. They’ve trained with the senior squad for long enough, now they’re out playing mens football at a good standard and impressing. If we are to sell any, we should be shrewd enough to put buyback clauses in like City do with their players. 

I love JPB, but I do worry where he fits into our system. I think he's best wide and he might struggle as a narrow 10. 

I think Chuk needs to become an 8. He looks more like one to me in his ability to bring the ball forward and his strength. So Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey and Traore. There's some tough players to get minutes ahead of in there.

2 hours ago, Thug said:

Sky sports score app.

Free highlights, shows a few of his shots.

But the most interesting thing it shows is the most moronic sending off of a keeper I think I’ve ever seen.  He has the ball in his hand ready to throw out, but decides to punch an opposition player minding his own business in the head.  So forest go from having possession, to having an outfield player in goal, being down to 10 players, and going 2-1 down thanks to the resultant penalty 🤣🤣🤣

That actually sounds like the type of penalty I would expect Villa to concede 😂

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I love JPB, but I do worry where he fits into our system. I think he's best wide and he might struggle as a narrow 10. 

I think Chuk needs to become an 8. He looks more like one to me in his ability to bring the ball forward and his strength. So Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey and Traore. There's some tough players to get minutes ahead of in there.

I do agree about Chukwuemeka as an 8 but does he have the discipline at this age to do the defensive side of things? Ramsey is mature beyond his years but even he is 2 years older than Chuk.

That said, Klopp uses Elliot and Jones as 8’s and I think it’s where he likes to play players to really learn the physical, disciplined side of the game.

I think JPb would suit our system well. Don't get me wrong, with Buendia, Bailey and Coutinho he isn't going to be starting games but as a way of changing the style and keeping the system the same, he'd be a natural fit.

If I think back to his inclusion at the Barrow game, he drifted from wide-right, came into centre playing a 1-2 with somebody in the box before laying it off for Ramsey to get his goal from the left. I think he'd fit the style of two drifting, narrow 10s quite well. He'd play it differently and he'd be wider than our other options, but he has the technical ability and vision to make it work.

• 4 weeks later...
Â