Jaden Philogene

Kingman

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

100% a full championship season.

If he does really well over 18 months we will know we can rely on him in the first team squad, hopefully he moves a bit more inside as our team under Gerrard isn't going to play with true wingers

He's going to have a year left on his deal next summer. He was making first team appearances at the start of the season and was ahead of Chuk (his best mate at the club). We'll have another Carney situation on our hands if we keep him down in the championship all through next year 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's going to have a year left on his deal next summer. He was making first team appearances at the start of the season and was ahead of Chuk (his best mate at the club). We'll have another Carney situation on our hands if we keep him down in the championship all through next year 

He'll be offered a new deal this summer if he continues to do well. Then we can decide if he's ready to get more first team minutes or go on Loan again (probably to a Prem club or a team like Norwich who will win the Championship). 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Clearly a very talented kid. The only frustration is he seems to be a winger rather than a 10 and that doesn’t suit our system!

Hope we can somehow integrate him though.

I think he could change easily. Gerrard played Ryan Kent as one of his two no 10s and they are not too disimilar as players at all. In fact i would say Bidace doesnt rely on pace as much as Kent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

He'll be offered a new deal this summer if he continues to do well. Then we can decide if he's ready to get more first team minutes or go on Loan again (probably to a Prem club or a team like Norwich who will win the Championship). 

I agree. I would probably look to sign him up and then loan him out to a newly promoted PL team, much like the way that Chelski have managed Gallagher. Let him go somewhere and be a starter in the PL for a season. Having said that he could come back and get in the mix with Buendia, Coutinho, Bailey and Chuki if he continues to perform at the level he has started at - he was apparently MOTM last night.

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I reckon Ryan Kent has been mentioned more on the Villa part of Villa Talk than any other player that hasn't been a transfer target or an actual player of the club. 

Quite the feat in a few short months

Star player at Rangers under Gerrard playing in an attacking position not too dissimilar to how we're setting up now is oft given in comparisons.

It's not exactly surprising.

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Give him a two year extension…. Problem solved 

38 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Give him a two year extension…. Problem solved 

True! And hope he signs. Along with Chuk it was touch and go whether he'd sign his last one or go to Leipzig though. 

Really hope hes as excited by the project and prospect of playing for Gerrard as he should be. Certainly appears to be applying himself for Stoke.

5 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I agree. I would probably look to sign him up and then loan him out to a newly promoted PL team, much like the way that Chelski have managed Gallagher. Let him go somewhere and be a starter in the PL for a season. Having said that he could come back and get in the mix with Buendia, Coutinho, Bailey and Chuki if he continues to perform at the level he has started at - he was apparently MOTM last night.

Good news....I am trying to watch all the loanee's.

They all seem to be doing well.

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Stoke fans have a raging boner for him.

What a talented group of prospects we have right now!

great news.

we are like kids in a sweet shop...with so many good news stories surrounding our youth.

Edited by TRO

Almost like a competition between Archer, JPB, Davis and KKH for who is beloved the most.

I'll never forget what Tammy did for us in the promotion year. So can totally understand how fans can feel for a loan signing. 

Even ones that are overlooked. Reina coming in and us staying up. Can only imagine how difficult it was for him moving and lockdown hitting. Then us steeling ourselves and we stayed up. How we managed to do that is still amazing.

Best of luck to JPB and all our other players on loan. I hope they grow a lot and impress back in pre season

Â