Jaden Philogene

Kingman

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like JPB is nearing a return to first team action, and could even be on the bench tomorrow if all goes well tonight.

JPB stepping up recovery after injury tonight

Jaden Philogene-Bidace will play 45 minutes for Stoke City under-23s this evening as he continues his comeback from a knee injury.

The 20-year-old forward has shown glimpses of his game-changing skill since joining on loan from Aston Villa in January but tweaked a medial ligament in training at the start of March and his return has been frustrating.

He will now have the chance to build up sharpness with Kevin Russell's junior side in the Premier League 2 against MIddlesbrough at the bet365 Stadium (7pm) - with a chance he could then be involved from the bench in the Championship against West Bromwich Albion tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So does he get another loan in the championship or promoted prem team or give him a shot at the first team - important summer coming up for his career and development….

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So does he get another loan in the championship or promoted prem team or give him a shot at the first team - important summer coming up for his career and development….

He goes out on loan to a Championship club again who’ll be challenging the top eight places. Full season with a recall option if we need him.

Would probably do the same with Archer and Chuk (if he stays). 

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Same as archer and maybe KKH where he's in that tricky position where we should be giving them at least a look during pre season, a month training with the first team maybe a couple of the games but then that starts to eat in to the transfer window and the clubs they could potentially be good fits for will start to do their business elsewhere 

He's an out and out wide player isn't he....

So dosen't suggest he'll get much chance under Gerrard given experienced players in our squad are already being discounted.

Started brightly at Stoke and then injured so needs to go somewhere and play 20-30 games.

Stoke play a similar system to us which is presumably one of the reasons he went there on loan, from what I've seen I'd say he can play as a No.10 of sorts, I'd say comparable to how Grealish was like a No.10 for us but coming from a wide position, truth be told not dissimiliar to how Coutinho sometimes plays, so in terms of his style as  player I think he could easily fit into Gerrard's system.

i wouldn't be surprised to see him with Beale and QPR next season, he's from London so that might help him settle as well.

was really impressed with JPB in pre season and would like to see him integrated into the squad on the bench but another loan at a better team will probably be best option for him. maybe him and archer could go to norwich and link up well together across the front line.

3 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

was really impressed with JPB in pre season and would like to see him integrated into the squad on the bench but another loan at a better team will probably be best option for him. maybe him and archer could go to norwich and link up well together across the front line.

It’s not easy just for them to go to better teams though, those teams are often better because they have better positions and don’t need loan players. He was doing well at Stoke, if he wasn’t injured he’d have played a lot more. 

I am told by a Stoke City fan that JPB was fantastic for them, a proper bums off the seats type when he got the ball, but could't stay fit.  They would like him back next season. 

On 04/06/2022 at 19:42, Delphinho123 said:

He’s the forgotten man but all the talk is that he is rated extremely highly by the club. He’s not a kid anymore. He really needs to do something on loan next season in the championship.

Steady on he's only 20, still 9 years left to be a starter for Aston Villa

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, messi11 said:

Steady on he's only 20, still 9 years left to be a starter for Aston Villa

I don’t doubt it, but he has to show it at some point. Ramsey, Irroegbunam and Chukwuemeka are all around the first team now and Archer may be next year too. 

He’s obviously got a lot of his career ahead of him, I’d just expect him to be doing well in the Championship next year if he wants to make it as a PL player one day. 

Â