Jaden Philogene

Kingman

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Who could feasibly start wide in a 4231?

Coutinho, Bailey, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, Young?

Yep, getting mins and starts is best for him right now.

It'll be rare we switch to that formation from the start with the tactical changes that come from it (with no 8s results in big changes for full backs). 

I think based on what I've gathered from the pre season games we are adapting mid game where one of the 8s is playing in the attacking line so a 4 3 2 1 becomes a bit more like a 4 2 3 1. This is to move us from a 5 5 defence attack split to a 4 6 defence attack split. Kamara, Luiz, McGinn and Sanson can all play in a double pivot. 

This is what I expected to see in this evolution as we can switch to a more attacking shape and then back if we score.

13 hours ago, messi11 said:

Bidace is better than all 12 signings they've made!

About time we sent some of our kids abroad on loan. is the Welsh league any good?

They speak more Welsh in Shrewsbury than they do Cardiff.

• Haha 1

Such a shame how much the injury curtailed him last season. Put in an excellent performance for Villa against Barrow and followed it up with similar in the U23s and looked like he was going to start knocking on the door, the loan to Stoke came at a good time and they were loving him by all accounts until he got sidelined. Seems the excitement for him has dwindled a tad since but hopefully it just gives him the freedom to express himself at Cardiff and be able to show his worth over a full season. 

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Such a shame how much the injury curtailed him last season. Put in an excellent performance for Villa against Barrow and followed it up with similar in the U23s and looked like he was going to start knocking on the door, the loan to Stoke came at a good time and they were loving him by all accounts until he got sidelined. Seems the excitement for him has dwindled a tad since but hopefully it just gives him the freedom to express himself at Cardiff and be able to show his worth over a full season. 

Completely agree, feel as Villa fans we may be underrating Jaden quite a bit. Alongside Chuk he has been one of our most sought after academy players from clubs in Germany etc. As @Indigo mentions he was one of the most impressive in pre-season last year and seemingly looked very good at Stoke but unfortunately was unable to find a rhythm back into team selection after a fairly lengthy injury lay-off.

Am hoping he manages to have an injury free season and get as much as exposure as possible, the only thing potentially holding him back is how late he was introduced to academy football, so he may need more minutes than his equivalents to get him to the same level but a player of his profile could definitely find game time with us if we manage to switch to the 4-2-3-1.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

is he fit?

wasnt even on the bench for todays Cardiff game?

Philogene was fit but Bidace wasn't. 

• Haha 1

On 26/07/2022 at 18:54, useless said:

Great news that he's signed a contract extension, he had two years left on his current deal as it is, so he's contracted with us for at least another three years now.

Even more so now, shows that just because Carney is leaving all our other youngsters aren't going to have the mindset, and whilst Philogene wouldn't be getting the same options as Chukwuemeka, he no doubt would have plenty of attractive offers, but still decided to sign a new deal with us.

I'm hoping we hear of a new contract for Aaron in the not too distant future.

• 2 weeks later...

He's still only twenty, a lot of players that have gone on to do very well were playing in the championship at an older age than that, I think Mount and Abraham amongst them, Grealish too. Hopefully he can have a good season and perhaps come into contention for our first team next season.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It now feels like JPB is at the end of being a promising player.

When I see him, I’m often amazed. Incredible skills. But when, who, why, where and when at Villa?

His route into the game is not the usual one, he came from the Pro Direct Academy which tries to help kids get into sports along with education instead of learning at a professional club. It’s only natural that if he does make it to the top, it might be a little slower than those training at Man City since they were 10.

Â