Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

5 hours ago, Villarocker said:

By the way, I've got a soft spot for Germany. My brother lived in Munster for 4 years - a lovely place back in the '80s.

I’m guessing you and your brother don’t get on, if you like Germany whilst he was living in Ireland :P

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

Maybe I haven’t been clear. It’s not  “considering other teams” that bothers me at all. Of course they do. It’s the actively not wanting to actually play for Aston Villa but moving anyway for the paycheque. We made this mistake a lot during the Sherwood era. If they really don’t give a **** about helping the team, it shows, and you get relegated. It literally happened a few years ago. 

So IF the statement of not wanting to battle for relegation again is at all accurate then he is not what we need. If he wants to fight then use us as a stepping stone, fine. If he doesn’t want to fight but make the move anyway for the dollar and exposure to bigger PL teams, not fine. 

We made this mistake with tired old players past their primes looking for one last paycheck. The young hungry players we signed have all gone on to do well wherever they have played. Rashica is a young hungry player so if he signs for us he will commit unlike lescott

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We made this mistake with tired old players past their primes looking for one last paycheck. The young hungry players we signed have all gone on to do well wherever they have played. Rashica is a young hungry player so if he signs for us he will commit unlike lescott

Not really, i think you're cherry picking. The likes of Terry, Elmo, Whelan, Jedinak have all, to different degrees, proved their worth in numerous occasions. 

The likes of Bree, Tshibola, Tonev, Helenius, Luna, Gil, Okore haven't really achieved anything. 

It really works both ways 

4 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Not really, i think you're cherry picking. The likes of Terry, Elmo, Whelan, Jedinak have all, to different degrees, proved their worth in numerous occasions. 

The likes of Bree, Tshibola, Tonev, Helenius, Luna, Gil, Okore haven't really achieved anything. 

It does work both ways with cherry picking 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I was talking specifically about the sherwood era. None of the players you have mentioned were signed under sherwood. 

On 16/08/2020 at 19:00, messi11 said:

He wants to join bloody Leipzig over Aston Villa. LEPIZIG!!! A bloody team that was only founded in 2009, 11 years ago today. NO FOOTBALL HISTORY! That's his ambition?

Ohhh yeah Champions league  I know, why dont he join a team like Otelul Galati, Maccabi Haifa, Rapid Vienna or Shamrock Rovers. They play Champions League too, and just like Leipzig they have no money too!

Close the thread now. Thema geschlossen 

Bit late on this but please tell me this is a joke? :blink:

Edited by MCU

9 hours ago, WooJung said:

The poster was talking specifically about the Sherwood era.

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I don’t think so. He will sign though, I’ve already called my FPL team ‘That’s Milot’. 

Or, you have jinxed it now.  😜

Given what we've heard of his personality - I'm not worried he's angling for different offers or a preferred club, I think if he signs he'll throw himself into it. Also, this hesitation is well founded - we're a bit of a risk at the moment and this is an important career move, he doesn't want to potentially end up in the championship. 

• Like 2

A small update from the Kosovan journalist who raised Rashica to Villa as a possibility last week. Not much we didn't already know, Werder Bremen aren't risking injury with him because of his imminent transfer somewhere and that a decision is likely to be made this week.

Edited by Wes
  • Like 4