Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

7 minutes ago, Phinnonymous said:

Little update from a WIP on Rashica:

Apparently he is torn at the moment. He is not convinced of both cities. Villa offer more money, but he would rather join Leipzig because of Champions League football.

Apparently his plan for now is to do the next step in his carreer before he feels ready for bigger clubs. 

But Leipzigs offer is so insanely bad, that Baumann (our manager) not only has rejected it, but has completely walked away and is no longer talking to RB. Apparently Arsenal has shown interest at some moment, but that‘s it.

Thanks. If he doesn’t want to join Villa then we shouldn’t even be entertaining the option of signing him. Move on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We're worried that Jack, the lifelong Villa fan and player would leave us for CL football. I wouldn't hold it against a player who has no connection to the club for preferring the same. Anybody in their right mind would. Doesn't mean he doesn't ultimately decide this is the best move for him after deliberation.

yeah I'm not going to get salty because a player isn't sure about joining our club in favor of something more familiar. these are still people we're talking about and I'm sure he'd be a model professional if he were to sign with us...

...or not, because people.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

According to Urban Dictionary it's also "Women In Prison" or when a wee turns into a poo. Take your pick. 

I was just reading answers to my WIP question and thought the world was going mad and then looked up to see a guy get on the bus in one of those Mexican wrestling masks, to everyone's amusement. I guess the blue disposable's must have sold out at Tesco lol. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Thanks. If he doesn’t want to join Villa then we shouldn’t even be entertaining the option of signing him. Move on.

I doubt many players join us desperate to play for Aston villa. It will be because we offer them the best financial package and future opportunities. It will be no different with this guy  

Sounds like we are in the driving seat if RBL have pissed them off to that extent. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

yeah I'm not going to get salty because a player isn't sure about joining our club...

This. Benteke thought we were a London club and openly wanted to play for Arsenal. Worked out pretty well for us.

Any player who is excited about playing for Villa right now either comes from the lower leagues or the youth team.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Phinnonymous said:

Apparently he is torn at the moment. He is not convinced of both cities. Villa offer more money, but he would rather join Leipzig because of Champions League football.

Apparently his plan for now is to do the next step in his carreer before he feels ready for bigger clubs. 

But Leipzigs offer is so insanely bad, that Baumann (our manager) not only has rejected it, but has completely walked away and is no longer talking to RB. Apparently Arsenal has shown interest at some moment, but that‘s it.

That's all understandable. 

What does this mean? That he wants to stay where he is before moving to a bigger club like us or Leipzig, or moving to us, as a smaller club, before making a move to a bigger club?

4 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

This. Benteke thought we were a London club and openly wanted to play for Arsenal. Worked out pretty well for us.

Any player who is excited about playing for Villa right now either comes from the lower leagues or the youth team.

Yep. We are not the club we used to be. But perhaps will be again.

44 minutes ago, Phinnonymous said:

Thanks for the update Phinnonymous. Now, a few things for you. 

1) Please relay to Milot that we are looking for players to take us forward up the league and, if he is good enough, he doesn't have to worry about a relegation battle. If he signs a 4 year deal he might get CL football with us by the end of it although that would be some achievement. It depends how good he is. 

2) What does your version of WIP actually mean in English? We have established many English interpretations such as:

Work in progress - would be related to this deal. 

Women in panties - but we'd prefer them without. 

Women in prison - aka Prisoner Cell Block H

Wank in progress - again, similar to the deal being in progress. 

And, finally, another that I remembered that my Dad used to say back in the day.. 

Wank in paradise - which is apparently not as good as a "Fickin hell". 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

That's all understandable. 

What does this mean? That he wants to stay where he is before moving to a bigger club like us or Leipzig, or moving to us, as a smaller club, before making a move to a bigger club?

When he comes here he will realise that he made that step up anyway 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

We're worried that Jack, the lifelong Villa fan and player would leave us for CL football. I wouldn't hold it against a player who has no connection to the club for preferring the same. Anybody in their right mind would. Doesn't mean he doesn't ultimately decide this is the best move for him after deliberation.

I get that but then my fear is always they just show that they don’t care about the club when they’re on the pitch, and that ultimately causes a lot of issues. We had this with the Sherwood-era french signings. 

6 minutes ago, Phinnonymous said:

Last one: Move to you or Leipzig before making a move to a bigger club. 

Haha, first: I am just handing out information from the Worum. I am not directly connected to him. :D 

Well, I am sure you can convince him, that with him you‘ll get champions league football sooner than Arsenal! :D 

Second:

WIP means: „Worum-Informations-Pflicht“

I don‘t know how they came up with calling it „Worum-information-duty“, but it‘s simply our established term when a Worum-user leaks insider information.

You can see the original WIP-post here and it gets updated as soon when new information comes in. https://worum.org/threads/5696-WIP-Lounge-Sammelthread-KEINE-DISKUSSION!!-Regeln-im-Startpost-beachten!/page28

Cheers for the clarification mate. I like the fact your fans feel that they have a duty to report information. If only Thetrees, Hairyhands and, Mysteryman were so loyal - those traitors 😉

By the way, I've got a soft spot for Germany. My brother lived in Munster for 4 years - a lovely place back in the '80s.

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I get that but then my fear is always they just show that they don’t care about the club when they’re on the pitch, and that ultimately causes a lot of issues. We had this with the Sherwood-era french signings. 

I mean it's either this or sign someone from the lower leagues who will be delighted with the switch, which I understand people aren't too keen on.

5 minutes ago, AgentO said:

You reject players on principal, who consider joining other teams? How do you even field a squad?

Big Ears Cat GIF by Jason Clarke

Some reject but others keep the faith. However, when you've previously had your player agree to stay following a drawn-out saga to then join that team a few days later brings you down so low we just sometimes feel it best to accept the doom and accept the rejection. Doing that doesn't come easy so it makes it easier to hate them.