Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This guy someone we trust? Either way, it seems to back up the notion the fee is what’s holding this up. 

Come on Villa, sort it out. 

I followed him for a short while. He just rehashes info from respected journos and passes it off as his own. He didn’t seem to have any inside scoop. 

However, the above is most likely correct. I suspect Werder want more up front from us. 

Just now, villan-scott said:

I followed him for a short while. He just rehashes info from respected journos and passes it off as his own. He didn’t seem to have any inside scoop. 

However, the above is most likely correct. I suspect Werder want more up front from us. 

Ah, fair enough. Hopefully an agreement is made soon. 

I wonder  if our bid is acceptable but Werder are hanging on in, desperate for another offer & poss bidding war. I find it strange we would be still be haggling over the fee after all these weeks. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

What's the actual problem with the fee? I thought Bremen wanted about 18m? That's actually quite cheap in modern times for a relative proven top 5 league international final third player. We paid 2 million less for an unproven top level RB this summer.

Even if they want 25m we pretty much paid that for Wesley last summer.

I still think it's more the player undecided although surely he knows by now Leipzig don't want him and staying at Bremen dosen't seem that appealing as judging by their result they'll be in another relegation battle whereas we're more of an unknown.

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder  if our bid is acceptable but Werder are hanging on in desperate for another offer & poss bidding war. I find it strange we would be still be haggling over the fee after all these weeks. 

I think that's what they have been doing. They've kept us waiting in the hope that other teams come in. However, after seeing how poor they were yesterday they now know they need to bring in some new players urgently. They've only got a couple of weeks to do that now so I would think they'll want a resolution to this soon to give them time to bring in players. It could be that their performance and result kicks them into action. I'm hopeful we'll see movement this week.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What's the actual problem with the fee? I thought Bremen wanted about 18m? That's actually quite cheap in modern times for a relative proven top 5 league international final third player. We paid 2 million less for an unproven top level RB this summer.

Even if they want 25m we pretty much paid that for Wesley last summer.

I still think it's more the player undecided although surely he knows by now Leipzig don't want him and staying at Bremen dosen't seem that appealing as judging by their result they'll be in another relegation battle whereas we're more of an unknown.

It seems odd if we are haggling over a fee of £18m for this guy but had no qualms paying £17m up front for Traoré. 

I really, really hope we get this done this week. Maybe an announcement tomorrow before the game. Please Villa get this done. I’m confident this guy will be a huge improvement on what we have and link up so well with Jack. I’d honestly just pay £20m+ ASAP and get it done, the guy will be worth a lot more in a couple of years. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

It seems odd if we are haggling over a fee of £18m for this guy but had no qualms paying £17m up front for Traoré. 

I really, really hope we get this done this week. Maybe an announcement tomorrow before the game. Please Villa get this done. I’m confident this guy will be a huge improvement on what we have and link up so well with Jack. I’d honestly just pay £20m+ ASAP and get it done, the guy will be worth a lot more in a couple of years. 

Only turned 24 aswell so it can't be an age issue either. Odd one as Traore will probably have to wait a few more days for his visa so not sure we'll see him at Fulham either. Would've been good to have a new wide player + Watkins up and running for the first two games.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Only turned 24 aswell so it can't be an age issue either. Odd one as Traore will probably have to wait a few more days for his visa so not sure we'll see him at Fulham either. Would've been good to have a new wide player + Watkins up and running for the first two games.

Maybe they are getting replacements first.  Maybe our deal is sorted but they won’t let go until they have their players in place.....who knows!