Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

17 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I guess I can one more time! 

Transfer fees are amortised over the life of a contract ie a £20m transfer with a 5 year contract is written down £4m a year so after year 1 you have a £16m asset on the books with a £4m loss, after year 3 you have an £8m asset with a £12m loss (still £4m annually). Once the 5 years are up the entirety of the loss is written down so if they've signed a new contract and you sell them after that it's all profit for FFP purposes. 

Payment structure makes no difference apart from bonuses, which I assume are amortised in the same way but from the year they are paid. 

Sure for the paying club but you have to feel it wouldn't necessarily be that way for the selling club. And whilst we are quite rich it is understandable if we are reluctant to spend 10 million in one year on one player even if it reduces the fee over the period of the contract. Werder are in trouble and having the cash from is can only help them hopefully it is only the structure of the fee that is in negotiation right now not the total fee.

18 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Sure for the paying club but you have to feel it wouldn't necessarily be that way for the selling club. And whilst we are quite rich it is understandable if we are reluctant to spend 10 million in one year on one player even if it reduces the fee over the period of the contract. Werder are in trouble and having the cash from is can only help them hopefully it is only the structure of the fee that is in negotiation right now not the total fee.

That has nothing to do with what I posted. The point was however we structure the guaranteed payments there is no change to how it is accounted for under FFP rules, this doesn't change the fact we could well be quibbling over how and when they get the cash.

Still will only believe this when ITSOTP. I think we do need another half-winger/wide forward so Grealish can play in front of two midfielders and run things from there. If that's Rashica it would be amazing but if it's someone else then so be it...

It's time to wrap this up. The longer it goes on the more likely someone else will come in for him, which according to some is what Weder want. I could see  Man United enquiring if Sancho is off the table. Let's hope we get movement this week 🙏.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

We don’t need the flesh blood and bones Rashica to join, Rashica is now a concept free of the confines of physical state. We are ‘post-Rashica’. We ARE Rashica. 

No matter how this goes, I want a big Rashica statue with Buddha belly in my garden. As a place to go for inner peace and strength.

• Haha 2