Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

8 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

It seems odd if we are haggling over a fee of £18m for this guy but had no qualms paying £17m up front for Traoré. 

It is the structure of the "up front" payment (should probably be called, guaranteed payment i.e not the add ons), e.g. What is the down payment? How are the other payments made up to reach the guaranteed figure (% per year etc)? 

This sort of discussion is what complicates transfers.

Edited by AndyClarke

It’s not the fee that’s the issue. 

it’s the payment structure. 

WB wants all/most of the money up front. Because they’re skint right now, in this very moment. 

AV wants to pay it in instalments, to help keep costs under the FFP limit. 

So they have to sort it out one way or another

its called negotiations, it takes time. 

the princess bride wait GIF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, it's only a couple of weeks ago we were slating the board for not paying up the " 20 - 22 mill " that Brentford wanted for Watkins.

Turned out to be 28 rising - 33.

For all we know, Brentford might have ACTUALLY wanted 35!

At the end of the day, we are talking millions of pounds here.

I actually thought we were mad paying so much for Watkins, but it does suggest we’re willing to pay to get the players we want.

Watkins will need support having never played at this level before. We all bemoaned our wingers last season, and we’ll be starting the game tomorrow with one of Trez or El Ghazi because Traoré was signed too late to be ready and the other winger we want is still training with his club.

FWIW I think Rashica is worth more than £20m. He’s performed outstanding at Bremen for 2 seasons now against top teams in a tough league.

I don’t want to criticise the club but was hoping this would be done by now. Hopefully this week it will be.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

It is the structure of the "up front" payment (should probably be called, guaranteed payment i.e not the add ons), e.g. What is the down payment? How are the other payments made up to reach the guaranteed figure.

Thos sort of discussion is what complicates transfers.

Yeah I understand these things can be complicated, it’s just the ongoing nature of it that’s frustrating.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only turned 24 aswell so it can't be an age issue either. Odd one as Traore will probably have to wait a few more days for his visa so not sure we'll see him at Fulham either. Would've been good to have a new wide player + Watkins up and running for the first two games.

I didn’t realise we had to wait for Traoré too, thought his visa was already done but just needed to be registered.

It’s certainly not ideal but let’s hope it doesn’t affect our results in those first two games 🤞🏻

I don't think any of us have a clue whether it's the payment structure that's a problem or not tbh. There's been 'developments' in this saga without there being actual developments. I've no doubt this is complicated but bar knowing vague movements in the transfer, I certainly don't think we know info like that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Trickster said:

I don't think any of us have a clue whether it's the payment structure that's a problem or not tbh. There's been 'developments' in this saga without there being actual developments. I've no doubt this is complicated but bar knowing vague movements in the transfer, I certainly don't think we know info like that.

Exactly, The whole saga seems a bit fishy

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What's the actual problem with the fee? I thought Bremen wanted about 18m? That's actually quite cheap in modern times for a relative proven top 5 league international final third player. We paid 2 million less for an unproven top level RB this summer.

Even if they want 25m we pretty much paid that for Wesley last summer.

I still think it's more the player undecided although surely he knows by now Leipzig don't want him and staying at Bremen dosen't seem that appealing as judging by their result they'll be in another relegation battle whereas we're more of an unknown.

Why do you think they only want £18 million? 

Edited by Rolta

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s not the fee that’s the issue. 

it’s the payment structure. 

WB wants all/most of the money up front. Because they’re skint right now, in this very moment. 

AV wants to pay it in instalments, to help keep costs under the FFP limit. 

So they have to sort it out one way or another

its called negotiations, it takes time. 

the princess bride wait GIF

How do you know this?

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

And the beat goes on. 

This guy has gone from saying it will be 2-3 weeks to a few days and now implying it will be done a week after he posted the first tweet. He must have some form of dementia or isn't as close to the deal as he wants us to believe.