Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

i suspect its a similar challenge to ours when we were broke. Spurs wanted grealish, we desperately needed cash, they tried to low ball us and hope we would take a terrible deal.

Thankfully we had an incoming to save the club to prevent that, I don't think Bremen have such a bargaining tool from what we've read.

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Thankfully we had an incoming to save the club to prevent that, I don't think Bremen have such a bargaining tool from what we've read.

i know, initially though im not sure we did. If spurs were less greedy they would have Grealish by now. im not sure out financial situation with FFP, i suspect we have made an offer but dont have much room to move. They will wait and try to get more.

3 hours ago, bose said:

This could drag on until October by the look of things.

If Werder get a higher offer what’s to say that Rashica won’t sign with that club even if he has some sort of informal agreement with us?

I am past caring, to be honest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

They will wait and try to get more.

You're right, and if indeed if that is the situation with it, they very well could hang on until 5th Oct to wait, and yes, another club may stroll in with €23m, but if it's no use to the player what terms they offer then they are chasing a phantom rabbit...

Especially if that player has his heart set on a move to another club that he has agreed terms with and that have already came in for him?

We don't know what the exact reason for the hold up is in all fairness.

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Who says they're not. They may be as pissed off as is at the hold up. 

No one knows why it's not done yet. 

There are suggestions that its Werder who are holding it up, trying to structure more cash up front, which we need for other deals perhaps. Rashica apparently wants to come and we've agreed his terms etc.

I can't swear to any of this. Its just what's being suggested in certain quarters.

• Thanks 1

Still want us to go for Ludwig Augustinsson as well. Perfect option for LB and can fill in at LW. 

According to our visiting Bremen fans he'd be available for only €7m or something like that. Previously as FC Copenhagen so Lange knows him.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

I think it's worth remembering this Tweet from our friend Arlind on 13th September.

We already know that Arlind personally knows Rashica so anything he says is likely to have some reliability to it. It was interesting at the time how he emphasises that he's glad to move to us and that is important for Villa fans to know. @JAMAICAN-VILLAN called it correctly I think when he said that is Rashica's way of saying "the delay is nothing to do with me". I think terms have been agreed with the player but Werder have decided to try and drum up a bit of interest to see if they can either get a better deal elsewhere or more money out of us. Now, the important thing to remember is they badly need the money and they need a new defensive midfielder. If they try and delay us for too long they won't have time to get a new player in, so they will have to give in soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

I think it's worth remembering this Tweet from our friend Arlind on 13th September.

We already know that Arlind personally knows Rashica so anything he says is likely to have some reliability to it. It was interesting at the time how he emphasises that he's glad to move to us and that is important for Villa fans to know. @JAMAICAN-VILLAN called it correctly I think when he said that is Rashica's way of saying "the delay is nothing to do with me". I think terms have been agreed with the player but Werder have decided to try and drum up a bit of interest to see if they can either get a better deal elsewhere or more money out of us. Now, the important thing to remember is they badly need the money and they need a new defensive midfielder. If they try and delay us for too long they won't have time to get a new player in, so they will have to give in soon.

Translation: " Werder is happy with Villa bid, but want to see if they can be even happier"

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Yes, if players are accepting wage reductions, too keep the club going, WB have to be in a worse situation than Villa was 

or just doing an Arsenal, asking the players to take a wage cut, so they can sack a load of their staff and spend 250k a week on salaries for players from the money saved.....