Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

I do think that if we were going to sign him he would be in Birmingham now thrashing out a deal.

Well he's clearly going somewhere yet he isn't anywhere else thrashing out a deal. 

Just now, omariqy said:

I do think that if we were going to sign him he would be in Birmingham now thrashing out a deal.

Dunno, the Kosovan journo fella seems pretty consistent in linking him to us though. 

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

As we understood it then. Leipzig need to pony up or gtfo. I don't think we'll hang around too long.

They got tonked by PSG last night, so with no CL final to worry about I expect they'll be making transfer decisions soon.

My guess at the situation: Werder Bremen are going to sell him this summer. They would like the funds to improve the squad and the player wants to move on too. Werder Bremen would probably prefer to take the highest bid, as that helps them the most, which in this case is Villa. They would probably also prefer to sell him outside of their league (as most clubs prefer, so the chances of them coming back to haunt them is diminished).

He, like almost all players, wants to play in Europe. You can't begrudge him that. RB Leipzig have expressed an interest but are not willing/are not able (one of the two) to pay the same Transfer Fee that we will.

Now RB Leipzig getting that one game further in the Champions League than expected - to the Semi Finals, rather than just the Quarter Finals - does actually mean a fair bit more money in their coffers. I can see them having said to Rashica's Agent - "Wait until we're out of the CL before you decide anything. We'll see if we can match any other bid then." This would be in line with what the Kosovan journalist was discussing about the issue being resolved this week.

• Like 3