Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

I really think he's one of the best players we could attract at the moment. When was the last player we had who can do what he does? N'Zogbia? who lost it all when he came. Or Jota who's limited?

Yes we have Jack who's a joy to watch, but his style is different. The thought of having him and Jack in the same team is really exciting. If we could add someone like Eze, Buendia or Brooks with them, I think we'll have a huge attacking force (and  that without any addition for strikers, just adding Watkins will mean a lot).

He's gonna cost stupid money for someone that don't show up in big matches. Stay clear. 

Looks fancy with his touches and dribbles, but he won't get away with that in the big league. 

Eze, Buendia, Benhrama and Grealish simply won't work. That's all fart no shit equivalent of line-ups. 

Brooks I will give you would be good for us. 

You kinda need power, pace, directness and work rate to mix it up when you already got a player like Grealish. More playmakers isn't what we need. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually hope we don't sign him. Don't feel this at all. 

Let Brentford sell him to whoever they please as long as it isn't us. 

I am the same, this has massive flop written all over it. No way he will get away with half of the skillful things in the top flight or his poor workrate

• Thanks 1

On 10/08/2020 at 00:03, Woody1000 said:

I think we missed our chance to sign him last summer, with Spurs and Chelsea interested I don’t fancy our chances with this one.

He is the most unJose type player ever 😂

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I really think he's one of the best players we could attract at the moment. When was the last player we had who can do what he does? N'Zogbia? who lost it all when he came. Or Jota who's limited?

Nzogbia for me is a reason to avoid him or Taarabt. Its easy to look good and flashy in a team with a smaller fan base, come to Villa and expectations are through the roof rightly or wrongly. He could easily go into his shell after a few poor performances as Villa fams will be expecting him to be our saviour

At 25 I think we need to look elsewhere for that price tag plus he plays same position as Jack

One of my issues is that Benrahma seems to play best on the left, which is where our best player already plays. Some might say to move Jack to midfield, but really his best performances this season came from him playing on the left wing with a relative freedom to pick up the ball elsewhere. He hasn't been as effective as an 8. Maybe that might improve with a better player on the wing which would allow for clever 1-2s, but that's not a given. 

I'd much rather we signed a proper right winger (and another central midfielder to upgrade on Conor). I don't have a specific name in mind, but if we could be dangerous from both sides we would give defenses more to think about. 

In the past years we have collected left wingers and had to sacrifice one on the right, where they systematically underperformed (grealish, el Ghazi, adomah, green).

Some wingers can be brilliant on both flanks, but they are a minority. Imagine for example Robben or Beckham playing on the left, they would have been half the players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

plus he plays same position as Jack

Jack's best position and where he should be playing for us is in central midfield. He was only shoved out on the wing because the quality of our wingers was so poor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Jack's best position and where he should be playing for us is in central midfield. He was only shoved out on the wing because the quality of our wingers was so poor. 

People say this constantly but by far his best and most consistent performances for us have been from the left. It's not like he hasn't had a chance central, he's just never been anywhere near as effective there. We don't play with a 10 so he has to be too deep in midfield, as a LW he has more freedom to run at teams and attack 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He's gonna cost stupid money for someone that don't show up in big matches. Stay clear. 

Looks fancy with his touches and dribbles, but he won't get away with that in the big league. 

Eze, Buendia, Benhrama and Grealish simply won't work. That's all fart no shit equivalent of line-ups. 

You kinda need power, pace, directness and work rate to mix it up when you already got a player like Grealish. More playmakers isn't what we need. 

That's Dostoevsky level stuff there.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Eze - 14 goals, 8 assists
Buendia - 1 goal, 7 assists 
Benrahma - 17 goals, 9 assists 
Grealish -  8 goals, 6 assists

Creativity and players who can score = 'all fart no shit'. 

We currently have one real playmaker in the side and nobody else to rely on for creativity. We desperately need players of that ilk. 

I dread to think what your team would look like if given the reins. 

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Eze - 14 goals, 8 assists
Buendia - 1 goal, 7 assists 
Benrahma - 17 goals, 9 assists 
Grealish -  8 goals, 6 assists

Creativity and players who can score = 'all fart no shit'. 

We currently have one real playmaker in the side and nobody else to rely on for creativity. We desperately need players of that ilk. 

I dread to think what your team would look like if given the reins. 

Seems you didn't quite catch on here.

Nobody is saying they aren't productive in their teams, but if you look at their teams they aren't stacked with the same type of players. In case of this being the Benrahma thread, he had a completely different player opposite of him in Watkins for the last two seasons.  

If you do what people suggest and stack them together it is an "all fart no shit" line-up, like you quoted. You need other players to compliment them for results. 

Funny you would dread it. Choosing players out of balance is pretty much the standards in football and anyone interested in football knows this. Otherwise you'd just stack your team with offensive playmakers. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Seems you didn't quite catch on here.

Nobody is saying they aren't productive in their teams, but if you look at their teams they aren't stacked with the same type of players. In case of this being the Benrahma thread, he had a completely different player opposite of him in Watkins for the last two seasons.  

If you do what people suggest and stack them together it is an "all fart no shit" line-up, like you quoted. You need other players to compliment them for results. 

Funny you would dread it. Choosing players out of balance is pretty much the standards in football and anyone interested in football knows this. Otherwise you'd just stack your team with offensive playmakers. 

You're just calling them 'playmakers' which isn't really the only role they play at their clubs - they scored 40 goals between them last season. 

If you have players that can create and score, then you're laughing. All of them can do that and a lot of the best teams in the world play with players like that - look at Liverpool, Barcelona, Juventus etc. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Okey. You should tell football clubs that. Seems the sport is missing out on your insight. 

It's not insight, it's reality. I gave examples of the PL champions / CL holders, Serie A champions, and Barcelona, but no, it's just some fantasy I've created apparently. You need to get real. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

It's not insight, it's reality. I gave examples of the PL champions / CL holders, Serie A champions, and Barcelona, but no, it's just some fantasy I've created apparently. You need to get real. 

No, it's really not and no you didn't, but I'll leave you to it.

Sign all the playmakers, Lexicon has reinvented football!

Some of you are being very negative. 

This guy absolutely has the quality to step up. A few of you might have only seen Benrahma's performances in the last few weeks - but he has been brilliant throughout the season. 

It has been a long season and even though the COVID break happened, when he came back he was still ripping it in the league. 

He really is in the 'Mahrez' fold - quick, great footwork, and an eye for goal and can assist. If him and Grealish and one other from Buendia, Eze, Rashica, etc mixed in with Dougie and McGinn - wow what a midfield we'd have. 

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

spot on.

1 hour ago, Jay.P.A said:

Some of you are being very negative

This guy absolutely has the quality to step up. A few of you might have only seen Benrahma's performances in the last few weeks - but he has been brilliant throughout the season. 

It has been a long season and even though the COVID break happened, when he came back he was still ripping it in the league. 

He really is in the 'Mahrez' fold - quick, great footwork, and an eye for goal and can assist. If him and Grealish and one other from Buendia, Eze, Rashica, etc mixed in with Dougie and McGinn - wow what a midfield we'd have. 

Sceptical....It seems they are looking for a huge sum....to play in a league of much higher standard defenders....who close you down for fun.

look it might work, but the risk is high.

Â