Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

Benrahma deserves his own thread as I believe that he's at the top of Dean Smith's wish list. Just because he had a poor play off final performance doesn't mean that he isn't a very talented player. I'd be thrilled if we sign him.

We need to build a squad of quality players over time, and SB would be a good start.

5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Benrahma deserves his own thread as I believe that he's at the top of Dean Smith's wish list.

To play devil’s advocate... he’s high on my wishlist as well but have we seen any evidence whatsoever that he even features on Dean’s? I haven’t seen a single news story with us named as his likeliest destination. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Benrahma deserves his own thread as I believe that he's at the top of Dean Smith's wish list. Just because he had a poor play off final performance doesn't mean that he isn't a very talented player. I'd be thrilled if we sign him.

We need to build a squad of quality players over time, and SB would be a good start.

Jack was always billed as a very talented player, even when he kept falling over......only when he added strength to his game did he become the real deal.....Benrahma is 24 now, he appears a bit lightweight for me.....I could be wrong, but in the Prem I think he would be easily swatted, by the better quality defender.

I am very sceptical of these so called "talented players", not slagging off talent by the way.....but when they get in the Prem, that talent dissipates.....that is my overall worry.

I think we are smitten with Brentford and I think it is possibly a mistake.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

The funny thing is, do we know he's in Dean's wish list?  He's praised him and Said played for Dean, and we may have been interested last summer but we have no idea this year do we?  It's easy to put two and two together and say why wouldnt he be interested but I have seen nothing yet whatsoever to say he is interested in Said enough to buy him or to bid on him....it's all just assumption, speculation and guess work.

This isnt me commenting on whether we should be after him or not.....i'm just commenting on whether Dean is after him or not.  Guess we'll only know if we put a bid in for him.  Other than that even the journalists are flagging on it and just speculating so far unless I have missed one report with evidence in the 100,000 news reports, otherwise it's just pure speculation.  Same with Watkins as far as I can see as well

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Me too but there will be a lot of competition. i am hopefully because he played for Smith before that might edge it in our favour

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I thought you were about another SB, but realized you’re talking about Benrahma. 😂

Anyway I agree with you, I think and hope that Smith is looking forward in getting him. We didn’t have this kind of player since too long.

@jonjon how are brentford at set pieces? I know benrahma takes pretty much all your free kicks and corners so I was wondering whether he was actually good at them or whether it was more of a CR7 situation where he demands to take them because he is the best player? 

33 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

@jonjon how are brentford at set pieces? I know benrahma takes pretty much all your free kicks and corners so I was wondering whether he was actually good at them or whether it was more of a CR7 situation where he demands to take them because he is the best player? 

I noticed Benrahma in a game against us. He had very good skills, and some of his corners were frightening. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

His shots on goal from free kicks have been poor,that’s all I could say negatively about him.Still think he is bound for a London side though.

Â