Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Sceptical....It seems they are looking for a huge sum....to play in a league of much higher standard defenders....who close you down for fun.

look it might work, but the risk is high.

Lets not overestimate how good PL fullbacks are - apart from the top 4/5, are they really that good? 

The more better/tricky players we have, the less the attention they'll give Grealish. No more 'doubling up' on him without leaving gaps and exposing themselves in other areas of the pitch. 

Buying someone like Benrahma, who is pacey, will make opposition full backs think twice about supporting their own attacks attacks because they could get exposed on the counter. Benrahma on a one on one situation will more then likely come out on top a lot more then not. 

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

Jack's best position and where he should be playing for us is in central midfield. He was only shoved out on the wing because the quality of our wingers was so poor. 

Is it though? His best performances this season have been on the left, not in midfield. Playing in the latter position often meant he collected the ball too deep and was too far away from goal to be dangerous. Sure it worked in the championship, and it might work with better players up front, moving the ball more quickly and playing clever 1-2s, but that's speculation. 

Based on current premier league evidence he's more of a winger/wide 10 than a mezzala. This isn't to suggest that he couldn't excel in that role. 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nzogbia for me is a reason to avoid him or Taarabt. Its easy to look good and flashy in a team with a smaller fan base, come to Villa and expectations are through the roof rightly or wrongly. He could easily go into his shell after a few poor performances as Villa fams will be expecting him to be our saviour

At 25 I think we need to look elsewhere for that price tag plus he plays same position as Jack

I don’t think our midfield is poor for him to be our saviour. For the first time since so long we have a good midfield. Just missing wingers and depth for now. So what do you think about Mahrez? Even N’Zogbia was really good at this level, its just the fact that he came after Young and Downing leaving, then playing under McLeash, all of that didn’t help. His attitude wasn’t helping too. But at the end of 2012-13 he put some good performances and linked up Benteke well. The problem isn’t just the calibre of team, but it’s tactics and attitude of player.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think our midfield is poor for him to be our saviour. For the first time since so long we have a good midfield. Just missing wingers and depth for now. So what do you think about Mahrez? Even N’Zogbia was really good at this level, its just the fact that he came after Young and Downing leaving, then playing under McLeash, all of that didn’t help. His attitude wasn’t helping too. But at the end of 2012-13 he put some good performances and linked up Benteke well. The problem isn’t just the calibre of team, but it’s tactics and attitude of player.

I dont remember nzogbia having attutude issues he was just shit. Mahrez came up and shone in a title winning team, he wasnt a standout in the Championship 

15 hours ago, weedman said:

People say this constantly but by far his best and most consistent performances for us have been from the left. It's not like he hasn't had a chance central, he's just never been anywhere near as effective there. We don't play with a 10 so he has to be too deep in midfield, as a LW he has more freedom to run at teams and attack 

Gets double the assists as a CM. Yes he hasn't got the goals there but that's because when he receives the ball 5 players are in between him and the goal and none of our players are enough of a threat to create space for him. If we have decent wingers and a decent striker (wesley is fine as long as the wings improve) I think we'll see him score a lot more goals from the middle. Also he wasn't taking many shots early in the season as a midfielder and since restart he has only played there against Liverpool and United. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Only 5 pages of BS rumours and chit chat in 3 days. What a let down....Ollie Watkin's thread is killing it.

This is the main reason that I think this transfer will come off and not Watkins. For clarification purposes my entire theory is based on the number of pages on each thread, nothing else, transfer window this is what you have done to me 🤬

On 11/08/2020 at 15:08, Jay.P.A said:

Lets not overestimate how good PL fullbacks are - apart from the top 4/5, are they really that good? 

The more better/tricky players we have, the less the attention they'll give Grealish. No more 'doubling up' on him without leaving gaps and exposing themselves in other areas of the pitch. 

Buying someone like Benrahma, who is pacey, will make opposition full backs think twice about supporting their own attacks attacks because they could get exposed on the counter. Benrahma on a one on one situation will more then likely come out on top a lot more then not. 

Benrahma isn't very quick though he is probably slower than jack. Which is why I would prefer rashica or even sarr over him. I also would prefer Buendia over him as Buendia is a good set piece taker. 

He's going to get priced out a move this summer I feel. Non starter at 25m. The big boys are not going to drop that on a Championship player ( Chelsea links are laughable) and it seems we or Deano specifically have reservations on whether he is worth dropping serious money on based on last summer and now this.

I think at 18m we do a deal. I like him. Would love to get him. Ihink he has question marks over him. I dont see him coming and ripping up the league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He's going to get priced out a move this summer I feel. Non starter at 25m. The big boys are not going to drop that on a Championship player ( Chelsea links are laughable) and it seems we or Deano specifically have reservations on whether he is worth dropping serious money on based on last summer and now this.

I think at 18m we do a deal. I like him. Would love to get him. Ihink he has question marks over him. I dont see him coming and ripping up the league.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 13/08/2020 at 09:47, MotoMkali said:

Benrahma isn't very quick though he is probably slower than jack. Which is why I would prefer rashica or even sarr over him. I also would prefer Buendia over him as Buendia is a good set piece taker. 

100% agree mate.

PACE, PACE, PACE is fudamental in the PL and we currently have zero in our squad.

SB clearly has the technical ability which on its own at Champ level is enough...the concern is whether or not it will be enough in the PL.....now, if he had real pace as well.....

for me, Buendia who is still very skilful but more impprtantly has genuine pace as well is a better bet...plus he has performed in the PL already. If Buendia is available at £20M and Benrhama at £30M+..Buendia every time.

• Like 1

Buendia is not a quick player, his pace is similar to Benrahma. He is good on the ball and can dribble and make incisive forward passes, but he doesn't score goals .... Benrahma scores and assists as well as having superb technical skills.

Buendia has the edge on Benrahma in his defensive duties, and prefers to play on the right in order to cut in.

Both are good players, but because we are currently short of goal scorers Benrahma is the better option in my opinion.

Good call guys....I guess my knowkledge of Buendia is not that good. Agree that if pace is pretty even then SB has the edge....although the PL expreince of Buendia still makes it an interesting decision...if at all we are interested in both.

I wonder if we could get both Benrahma and Watkins for £45m, would you take that? I would, even more so if we can add Rashica for £30m leaving £25m (assuming the made up £100m war chest is true). Both of the Brentford lads would improve us, and I’m not bothered by the fees, I’m not paying for them.

24 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Buendia is not a quick player, his pace is similar to Benrahma. He is good on the ball and can dribble and make incisive forward passes, but he doesn't score goals .... Benrahma scores and assists as well as having superb technical skills.

Buendia has the edge on Benrahma in his defensive duties, and prefers to play on the right in order to cut in.

Both are good players, but because we are currently short of goal scorers Benrahma is the better option in my opinion.

When we were in the championship benrahma and Buendia scored the same number of goals. Buendia didn't score many goals this season because he was the only player on his team who could create anything like Jack except to an even greater extent. 

Benrahma isn't a speed merchant, but he isn't particulary slow either, in fact with the ball at his feet he's probably faster than most players, certainly looks faster than Buendia from what I've seen. Got a feeling we're still more likely to end up with him than the other wingers we're being linked to, including Rashica.

Â